Who wants to fly from Enstone airfield, Oxfordshire?

Mark

Email address at the bottom of my post.

I would also like to get things done asap and would like to have a look at Enstone so if you could arrange a meeting I will turn up.

Unfortunately I am busy Saturday morning but free the rest of the weekend.

Will probably go to Lambourn Sunday if the weather is okay.

Cheers

Eddie

Mark

Email address at the bottom of my post.

I would also like to get things done asap and would like to have a look at Enstone so if you could arrange a meeting I will turn up.

Unfortunately I am busy Saturday morning but free the rest of the weekend.

Will probably go to Lambourn Sunday if the weather is okay.

Cheers

Eddie

Doh! didn't spot it there Eddie :oops:

I'm in Essex from Fri night and all day Saturday and possibly Sunday. If I am around Sunday though I could give you a shout to see if you are around otherwise would a weekday evening suit you?

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark

As I live in Watlington would be very interested in Flying from Enstone.

Please add me to the update list.

I hold an RT licence from about 15 years ago when I was doing some GA flying , do these go out of date ?

Otherwise need to get course booked pronto

eddielane123@btinternet.com

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie

I couldn't answer your question with any authority but would think that the licence is for life.

Whether you feel you would want a refresher then only you could be the judge of that I think. You could always speak to Paul at Enstone airfield and find out if there is any such thing as a refresher course. If you have forgotten everything though then it might be worth retaking it.

I would be more than happy to add you to the list but there isn't any point in spending your money unessessarily.

I'll add you to the updates list though:)

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I spoke to Paul this morning, and have planned 'again' to visit on the next rainy day. He mentioned that they are just trying to get a date from the examiner and the RT Course dates will be announced.

Although not required, it can only be a handy thing to have (more so for me as I am going to go for my NPPL very soon)

I will try to arrange more RT (airband Radio) courses as I am sure the guys at Enstone will be more than happy to run as many as we cn fill the places for.

Been a bit quiet, but Paul and I are in touch and things are moving still. :D

SW :D

LASORS Section B (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Section%2 ... E%20(FRTOL).pdf), para B1.6

The holder of a FRTOL expired for more than 1 year but less than 10 years, will be required to pass the theoretical written examination. To renew a FRTOL that has expired or not been used for 10 years or more, applicants will be required to pass the practical Communications test and theoretical written examination.

The holder of a UK national flight crew licence with lifetime validity, who has not exercised the privileges of the FRTOL for a period exceeding 10 years, will be required to pass the practical Communications test and theoretical written examination in order to reactivate the FRTOL.

• 6 years later...

i used to live next to enstone airfield. when i go and see my nan there is always planes and microlights going over head. its a nice area. one i have got my training started with simon this is an area i plan to use. there is also a runway at enstone thats unused as you enter the airfield on the left. full of pot holes though.

what im saying is, there is a unused run way that every now and again people take radio controlled cars on and learn to drive on. its full of holes and no good for a plane. but would be ideal for landing and taking off with a paramotor. its a public place and no one can say if you can or cant use it. as long as you dont fly into enstone flying clubs air space im sure its fine. :?

Just to clarify, this would need confirming as I have no idea where said lump of land is :-)

What I meant to put across was that you do not need an airfield to take off from nor do you need a RT licence to fly a Paramotor. :-)

We will cover this in greater details during your training of course.

See you soon. :-)

SW :D