Glastonbury Festival

That really supprises me, and with all the heli movement around the festival taking the entertainment in and out i dont think i would give it a go. But good luck to you Meds i will wave to you when i see you fly over head :D

Regards Simon.

Air police?

Rembember-

Except with the permission in writing of the CAA, an aircraft shall not fly over an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons below -

(i) a height of 1,000 feet, or

(ii) such height as will permit, in the event of a power unit failure, the aircraft to alight clear of the assembly,

whichever is the higher

Check NOTAMS, etc... I'd be amazed if there isn't a no-fly zone and strict rules for helicopters, etc.. You definitely don't want to get caught up in the middle of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Meds,

Maybe contact your contact and ask if they caught the pilot. There is of course also the logo on the underside of the wing which should have made it a little easyer.

SW :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i saw it go over as well on the sunday afternoon and was amazed at how low it was. There was writing on it and at the time i remember thinking i must remember it. But now im not so sure, think it said "the mill" or something simlar to that. My memory is a bit vague for some reason!! :?

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :evil:

Do you mean that someone is risking the freedom of our sport for some cheap marketing of a building development in Dubai?

That REALLY pi**es me off! It's gone from some idiot just flouting the law to someone deliberately low flying so that everyone can get a good gawp at his logo for commercial gain.

They say that there's no such thing as bad publicity (we've all looked at their website now), but if bad publicity awakens the sleeping CAA giant who wants to squash us then that saying could quickly become very untrue for us all.

I hope that some of you local boys can catch up with this bell end and read him the riot act.

Ian.

I guess it could be a wing that has been won in a comp, bought on ebay etc. (similar to the T2T ones - where the company sponsors taken off them?). It might not have been an advertising stunt. Personally, I had a look around on google and based simply on the logo and palm name (there was no web address) it would have been a poor advertising attempt.

However, if he didn't have clearance to fly and was at a dodgy altitude - the only advertising it gives is bad - for us! Although reading various glasto blogs the crowds seem to have been in favour of the pilot and where cheering him on...this of course only until he stalled, fell onto the tent roof, slid down and diced a few people in the crowd up... (that bit didn't happen obviously...)

Surely somebody knows who flys that wing - it's pretty unique?!?

Out of interest, it's amazing how many members of the public refer to the paramotor as either a light aircraft, paraglider, microlight etc. etc.

In reality not that many people are interested in sport aviation, so the lack of knowledge in actual aircraft types doesn't suprise me.

It's only because we're RATHER interested in the thrill of flying that we know a bit.

Alan

To start with I do not condone the actions of this plonker for one second.

However, could it be a possibility that we could rock our own boat too much?

If the police/authorities were actively searching for the pilot then I'm sure that we would have heard about it. Meds police contacts seem to be rather nonchalant in their approach to the incident, in respect that that haven't borne down on meds guns blazing and badges flashing!

I venture to suggest that if we actively persue this incident and actually find out who did it and pressurise the CAA into prosecuting him that the ensuing bad publicity and high profile to the CAA may be detrimental to our sport.

This thread has highlighted everybodys annoyance at this kind of flying behaviour which should show the outside world (those that bother to search out this kind of information) that we as a community to not approve of this behaviour.

On the other hand I could be talking a load of tosh for which I apologise :)

Cheers

Mark

If the police/authorities were actively searching for the pilot then I'm sure that we would have heard about it. Meds police contacts seem to be rather nonchalant in their approach to the incident, in respect that that haven't borne down on meds guns blazing and badges flashing!

I venture to suggest that if we actively persue this incident and actually find out who did it and pressurise the CAA into prosecuting him that the ensuing bad publicity and high profile to the CAA may be detrimental to our sport.

This thread has highlighted everybodys annoyance at this kind of flying behaviour which should show the outside world (those that bother to search out this kind of information) that we as a community to not approve of this behaviour.

Cheers

Mark

Your not talking a load of tosh, it all made good sence to me, and a point well made.

Dave

Cheers

Mark

Your not talking a load of tosh, it all made good sence to me, and a point well made.

Dave

LETS keep everybody informed that somebody has flown over this festival ......and he was breaking the law....lets keep going on about it ....lets shout it from the roofs......on the other hand dont ......s u u c c h h h .....lets just keep it to ourselfs and hope nobody with any authority gets to know of this stupidity.........perhaps he was having engine problems.... :idea:

LETS keep everybody informed that somebody has flown over this festival ......and he was breaking the law....lets keep going on about it ....lets shout it from the roofs......on the other hand dont ......s u u c c h h h .....lets just keep it to ourselfs and hope nobody with any authority gets to know of this stupidity.........perhaps he was having engine problems.... :idea:

Big brother is watching so its to late.

Pete b

I certainly wasn't advocating putting a lid on the incident, it's out in the big wide world already but just be careful about how it is handled. It is already becoming old news to everyone other than ourselves.

Also there is no way to keep the authorities from finding out as they already know about it. They just don't seem as worried about the incident as we are!

Again this is my own opinion only given the facts that have currently been made available to me. I may be totally wrong about this and will be the first to hold my hands up if so.

Even if the pilot was having engine problems he would have been on a glide away from the venu from 3000' at worst or at best a power assisted glide from 3000' so I don't think there will be any excuse he could come up that would be convincing.

Anyway, wasn't trying to stir up a hornets nest, just trying to look from another perspective.

Cheers

Mark

Lots of people drive cars badly and break the law, doesnt mean all drivers are all bad and should be viewed in the same way and tarred with same brush. Anybody or authority that thinks that way would be very nieve indead. And i dont think they are! No point in covering up, theres a bad element in any sport and everbody knows that. But if there ever comes a point when lots of people start to do the same and think its ok then thats when the sport will hit problems. Its up to the mass paramotor community in general to behave in a law abideing and curtious manner. Says me. Ive havent even got off the ground yet!! Just back from pub and prob talking rubbish. But heyho! :?