Sunday/Monday

nirmal

Hi Meds,

Haven't seen you on the forum for a while. Hope all is well. I am up for it on monday daytime if you are free. I am working nights next week. I have been talking to someone who owns an old airfield. It is a good 40 mile drive from your place. The initial reaction from the owners son who is an ex pilot has been positive but I haven't spoken to the owner yet. If you are free and feel up to it, we could test the waters (or should I say air). It might provide us with a long term solution if all works out well.

Are you going down to the nationals at Worcester? I will probably be going down there tomorrow.

Hi Meds,

Haven't seen you on the forum for a while. Hope all is well. I am up for it on monday daytime if you are free. I am working nights next week. I have been talking to someone who owns an old airfield. It is a good 40 mile drive from your place. The initial reaction from the owners son who is an ex pilot has been positive but I haven't spoken to the owner yet. If you are free and feel up to it, we could test the waters (or should I say air). It might provide us with a long term solution if all works out well.

Are you going down to the nationals at Worcester? I will probably be going down there tomorrow.

hi nirmal,

is that place close to stoke by any chance?

would love to pop over sometime if you get permission and you wouldnt mind a extra flyer ( or 5 )

cheers bud

hi bud, i would say so, i didnt arrange the field so it s not really my place to grant permission, but im 100% sure that the other guys would welcome it!, rich's enthusiasm about the sport is infectious!!

its in barlaston near to "the downs" and we pay the nice farmer a fiver if we get in the air.

its a great spot, and takes wind from 3 directions, so flyable most times.

its here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=389600&y=336785&z=120&sv=389600,336785&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=732&ax=389600&ay=336785&lm=0

if you pm me your number il ask the lads tomorrow and text you... im sure they would be very happy to meet you.

as for a field by j16 --- perfect!, only 10 mins drive for me and the other lads.

cheers bud

Macey,

It is about 45 miles from you. It is outside the ''above 3500' class A airspace'' that lies above northwales and west cheshire. I will try to get there tomorrow and speak to the owner about groups turning up. Would everyone be happy to pay a small amount to use the place if that is what it takes to convince them? It would be an ideal base from which to fly over north wales.

I couldn't make it to the nats. Very late night yesterday, and I didn't feel rested enough to drive. If you are free on tuesday or wednesday morning or afternoon and fancy a drive down to Chirk, we could try out this airfield.

Yep I managed to get to the Nats for Sunday and met up with ArcusFlyer again and his charming other half. It was really good to see so many wings taking off at once.

Plenty of flying done and plenty of dreams for next year maybe? Unfortunately I didn't have my insurance certificate and so couldn't take to the skies myself. :(:(:(

When is the next proposed get together and where?

FlyingDoc

:D:D:D