Calling all Northampton pilots or wannabe pilots

Good work Dave. I hope the meeting goes well.

What SSDR are you thinking about? I'm thinking of doing Flexwing training next year.

Hello Mike

The meeting never went off at all, the guy was away on holiday, but he is back now so I will try to catch him this week, work permitting, I'll keep you informed as soon as I know something.

The SSDR I was after was a Medway Half Pint on Ebay, but I was beaten at the last minute, so I'm still looking but don't want to spend a fortune.

Dave

I have been in contact with a guy who owns a 120 acre site not far from silverstone, he has said we can fly from his fields wich he uses mostly for his military vehicle hire days, I have yet to check the airspace above but things are looking hopefull, will post more info when I have it.

Dave.

120 Acres - Now that could be very good!

Well done that man. It looks like he has about 7 fields all linked together, hard to tell what the terrains like but it looks ideal on Google earth (look on tanks a lot website). Looks like there's plenty of free air space to the east and a corridor to the west. just hope he doesn't want to use us as target practise. Might pop over weekend and have a look if I get time , have you got a contact name?

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I live in Northampton. I see some locals to me are having trouble finding somewhere to fly, give me a ring on o785o 975863 and I'll tell you where myself and a flying buddy fly from thats just a mile from where we live. Not completely ideal sites but have been using them for years. Only been aware of this club recently and look forward to linking up with other fliers. Regards Nige

That was me, Lindsay and Tim. I use pmr 7/17 whilst flying, you must drop in next time maybe later today. The field that we used has been extensively ploughed so probably wont use it for a while but there are one or two others nearby. Incidently someonone flew over my house in Duston last saturday, wonder who that was.

"X" marks the spot I see! How do the microlighters let you use it, do they have a club you have to join or is it a day fee or what? I was at the Oxford flyin recently and although I dont think I met you I did however see you leave because someone pointed out to me that the guy just launched was flying back to Rugby, impressive to me as my current record is to Daventry and back from Blisworth.

im a member at the club, all they ask is that you are insured, circuit height is 500ft and they always circuit to the south, so i fly in high then descend on the dead side, if you ever want to fly over let me know and ill fly out and meet you, then guide you in. my motor is down at the moment though, i damaged the magneto and cant get a response from my manufacturer i could be a long weight!