Calling all Northampton pilots or wannabe pilots

Hello Mike

Just looking at your post and I see you come from Leicestershire but you are posting on the Northampton Site?

Myself and Tim both went to France on the PMC course earlier this year, and both of us are ready for first flights ( its a weather and time thing stopping us) can't speak for Tim at the moment but I'm sure he wouldn't mind meeting up for a pint and a natter in the near future, if you PM me your landline number I'll give you a call.

Dave

Hi Mike,

Don't know about you but I'm finding it very frustrating, so near to getting airbourne, just need the weather, place and someone with expierience to give me that final push, but just can't seem to get it all to come together at the same time!

Coggie gave me alot of encouragement and enthusiasm early on but I think if I don't do it soon I'll get bored and move onto somthing else.

What time do you knock off work?

I can pop up The Aviator after work if you want (I finnish at 4:30)

I see there is some airobatic stuff going on Wed and Thurs , how about then?

Tim

Hi Mike,

Don't know about you but I'm finding it very frustrating, so near to getting airbourne, just need the weather, place and someone with expierience to give me that final push, but just can't seem to get it all to come together at the same time!

Tim

Well on the next flyable day you are avalable call me and we will meet down at lambourne and get your asre in the air.

Pete b

Hi Mike,

Tim

Well on the next flyable day you are avalable call me and we will meet down at lambourne and get your asre in the air.

Pete b

Pete , I will have your babies if you could do that for us. I'll have to keep my eye on the weather. :roll:

Tim.

PS hope your healing up nicely.

Pete , I will have your babies if you could do that for us. I'll have to keep my eye on the weather. :roll:

Tim.

PS hope your healing up nicely.

One of each will suffice Darling :shock:

Pete b

Most of the bandages are off today as its drying up nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We are all flying in our dreams at the moment. :roll:

There are about 4 of us around here that I know of and we're all at the same stage of trying to get airbourne. At the moment we are having to travel down to the club site at Lambourn due to not having found anywhere local to practice which is a bit of a pain cause it's always the wrong conditions for first flights when we get there! :x But I'm sure it will be ok one day.

How long have you been flying and where do you fly from?

Tim

Dave was going to speak to some of his microlight contacts to see about using one of their fields.

Might be worth following up?

there should be enough off us to get some land now gents

Do you mean buy, rent or squat?

I think we need a meeting.

Tim

Hello Mike & Tim

Just to bring you up to speed, I have been asking around and I have a meeting with a guy on Monday night about fields at both Rushden and Wollaston and there is a outside chance of a field at Woodford just off the A14, I will keep you posted as soon as I know something.

As a matter of other interest I'm looking at getting a sub 115Kg Flexi wing Microlight 8) , it should fly at about the same speed as a decent paramotor, fingers crossed.

Speak to you both soon.

Dave

Hi Dave

Your more than welcome up here, I'll put you on the list of people to contact.

Northamptonshire, "The Rose of the Shires" it's good flying country up here.

Dave

Thanks mate, only place I have down here is westmill wich is never an easy site to fly from.

Dave.

Good work Dave. I hope the meeting goes well.

What SSDR are you thinking about? I'm thinking of doing Flexwing training next year.

Hello Mike & Tim

Just to bring you up to speed, I have been asking around and I have a meeting with a guy on Monday night about fields at both Rushden and Wollaston and there is a outside chance of a field at Woodford just off the A14, I will keep you posted as soon as I know something.

As a matter of other interest I'm looking at getting a sub 115Kg Flexi wing Microlight 8) , it should fly at about the same speed as a decent paramotor, fingers crossed.

Speak to you both soon.

Dave

I have been in contact with a guy who owns a 120 acre site not far from silverstone, he has said we can fly from his fields wich he uses mostly for his military vehicle hire days, I have yet to check the airspace above but things are looking hopefull, will post more info when I have it.

Dave.