tandem with volution macro

Frenchy

hello!, sorry for my english, I'm french. :oops:

In France parajet is unknown but I have see this brand with the web.

I'm very interested by the Volution macro.

I weight 72 kg but I want use it for tandem.

2 questions please :

What do you think about parajet (all the brand). has this brand a good reputation in england.

Is it possible to use the volution macro for tandem? to what the total weight?

Thank you verry much.

hello!, sorry for my english, I'm french. :oops:

In France parajet is unknown but I have see this brand with the web.

I'm very interested by the Volution macro.

I weight 72 kg but I want use it for tandem.

2 questions please :

What do you think about parajet (all the brand). has this brand a good reputation in England.

Is it possible to use the volution macro for tandem? to what the total weight?

Thank you very much.

Hi French

The Parajet is a good motor but has had a few problems like all brands.

It has been used for tandem but I personally unless you are only going to take light people (less than 70 kilos) up I would be looking at something with a little more thrust.

Pete b

Bonjour Frenchy,

I will reaply in generic European (imagine I AM SHOUTING A BIT LOUDER)

If you take a look on the droite hand side, vous will see the word 'Search' (recherch?). Simply type in parajet or macro. Vous will find lots of gut advice and muchos praise for ze parajet. Vous can also tappy tap in tandem and get similar results. Briefly looking, it looks like vous would be better off with a walkerjet or PAP F200 for tandem, not a macro.

Somebody with more knowledge is bound to jump in and help you out any minuten.

Ciao

Bonjour Frenchy,

You wish! I wish! Frenchy is right. Paramotor forums are surprisingly light on sharing information. Trying to get the lowdown on individual machines before you make an expensive decision is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Of course you can get the manufacturer's spec. but it's no match for personal recommendation by people who own and have long experience of it.

Bonjour Frenchy,

You wish! I wish! Frenchy is right. Paramotor forums are surprisingly light on sharing information. Trying to get the lowdown on individual machines before you make an expensive decision is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Of course you can get the manufacturer's spec. but it's no match for personal recommendation by people who own and have long experience of it.

You have to make your own decision from all the information you can get not just from forums

Speak to the manufacturer

Go to fly ins and see for yourself

A lot are now away for the weekend at a flyin but will hopefully pick this up when they come back.

I would say the main reason that no one has replied is because no one on here does tandem, and there are very few that do in the UK.

Pete b

just stickin my nose in here. i would think the simonini or f200 engine you shouldnt go far wrong. ive seen some videos of people tryin on tandem with various machines and its scary the lack of power is a dangerous thing. buy the right gear for the job

Yes, i have to make my own decision from all the informations, but if you can, i want just have your opinion.

I have speak with andrew and jim from parajet but they are manufacturers and perhaps not objective.

Thanks

Fresh breeze Simonini is what I would go for if it was me.

Pete b

This is not an informed view as I have flown very little with my Monster; but listening to those who know and reading leads me to this conclusion (I have owned and flown a Macro).

For tandem, fresh Breeze Monster would seem to be a sound choice. Certified by the Germans, proven and very reliable. And awesome power to put you into the air.

Macro? I don't think so though Francis has flown tandem with it. The answer revolves around all up weight.

Are the tandem wings out there any good. I've never really studied the stats as I'd quashed the idea that i might ever try it. I guess a slow T O speed would help and good efficiency might be important so you dont have to pull too many metres of cloth off the ground. I've seen people struggle. I reckon you might be on the money there Pete. 200 simmo (or Evo :shock: ) upwards. Is there anything upwards? Norman ? That one of yours would pull a plough wouldn't it ?

Pull a plough? LOL, I think it would as it whisked me off the ground without straining itelf at full throttle.

The Flat Top has legendary power and structural strength too I gather...

From what I have learned of tandem flying at an observational level the whole operation does seem to be fairly marginal. The things don't handle very nicely by all accounts. For air experience flying the prefered method will probably end up being based around these things or those like them. Far, far safer and a whole load of fun.

xcitors3.jpg

doppelsitzer_engl.jpg

Hey Norm. I dont want to get the whole family up there. They are nice though. I'd try a trike ("S") with my paramotor. Bout as heavy as I'd want. And as costly as I'd want to go. Off for some PPL training soon I think. Thinking forward to my later years. Foot launch is great fun for now. Glad I had no trike t'other night. Had a forced hillside landing. Strobe drained battery which I hadn't charged for a while. Killed power at 800 agl for a quiet glide in. Short runway and nil wind. Overshot. Pushed button. Click. Oh bo***cks. Turned off downhill then turned low and flared straight after the surge. Almost kept it on my feet

Dave,

I can see me going that way afore too long. The Excitor is an amazing beast and I would love to fly it. I may be hopping across to Germany before too long to have a chat with them. As for forced landing that, well, it lands on a sixpence in comparative terms (to LAC).