Idiot over Draycott

So who was the idiot flying over Draycott near Cheddar this evening. Red and White Wing

Flying at less than 100ft over the village and doing spirals over the houses is not big or clever.

I fly this area frequently, if you must fly like that please go somewhere else.

As well as being downright dangerous its illegal and is the sort of flying that will lead to our great sport getting tightly regulated which no-one wants.

G. :(

NemoRov,

It must be depressing to have someone misrepresent our sport by illegally low flying on your patch. What is a little alarming is that seem by your tone to be assigning this behaviour to a PMC member after two posts on the forum here.

I am sure that was not your intention - perhaps you are just letting of a little steam?

Perhaps you could provide a little more detail and make your post a little less like an accusation?

I live in Somerset and would be really peed off to have someone behave like this anywhere near me as the incident might reflect on me.... :(

I would be very surprised if the miscreant wasn't a resident or friend/relative of a resident of Draycott showing off.

There can't be many paramotor pilots in that area so I'm sure that you will discover their identity at some stage.

Until then, be happy!!! :D

Best regards,

Ian.

I would be very surprised if the miscreant wasn't a resident or friend/relative of a resident of Draycott showing off.

There can't be many paramotor pilots in that area so I'm sure that you will discover their identity at some stage.

Until then, be happy!!! :D

Best regards,

Ian.

NemoRov

I think its a case for education not accusation, when you find the pilot involved, have a nice word with them and point out the problem, with the right approach I'm sure you could sort this out and maybe end up with someone to fly with in your area.

We had this problem 25 years ago with Microlights, but those involved now are good and careful pilots, and friends.

Dave

Fair points all round...

I certainly wasnt suggesting the pilot was necessarily a PMC member...

And yes I guess I was blowing off a little steam. Just frustrates the hell out of me when people do this.

One of the best local flying sites to me at Brean Beach is now closed due to pilots low flying over the beach and refusing requests by the beach wardens to behave.

( although after a long friendly chat the beach warden did make a point of mentioning when there was no warden on duty off season ) :D

G.

NemoRev,

I used to have a caravan in Brean - lovely place. Can you fly off the down?

Also, you might want to take your insider info off of the post. Or you'll get every Tom, Dick and Harry there - probably the people that have ended up getting you all banned?!?

Just my two pennies. Generally i'd be saying shout out about your site and let everybody know. But if the few have spoilt it for the many...

Fair points all round...

I certainly wasnt suggesting the pilot was necessarily a PMC member...

And yes I guess I was blowing off a little steam. Just frustrates the hell out of me when people do this.

One of the best local flying sites to me at Brean Beach is now closed due to pilots low flying over the beach and refusing requests by the beach wardens to behave.

( although after a long friendly chat the beach warden did make a point of mentioning when there was no warden on duty off season ) :D

G.

Oh dear, I,m afraid that was me as well! I flew their all through the winter, no problems! Then one day he just turned up, and told me it was not permitted, we had a few crossed words on the matter, and I left! In my defence, the only low flying I did, where two large circles, attempting to land.

Regards, Danny.

Hi Danny,

Thanks a) for sticking your hand up! (Amazing honesty! nice one!)

and b) for joining to let us know.

You are of course welcome to join in some of the less heated conversations as well :D

As I say, fair doos for admitting it was you. I dont think I need to say that you must consider 'everyone' in the sport when flying. ;-)

SW :D

G. Oh dear, I,m afraid that was me as well! I flew their all through the winter, no problems! Then one day he just turned up, and told me it was not permitted, we had a few crossed words on the matter, and I left! In my defence, the only low flying I did, where two large circles, attempting to land.

Regards, Danny.

Here here - very well done for putting your hand up, its completes the cycle and closes the matter.

we all make mistakes in life we are human,

but plenty don't put their hand up.

Simon