Buy the best a parajet.

geoffw

HELLO to you all. I have not been on the forum for a week or to, been out and about looking at paramotors let me save you all the leg work and get your self down to wiltshire, To the parajet factory, I have got my parajet package on order,The build quality is just fantastic and the parajet team at the open day did not just let you try on a parajet motor , But show you how they are built every nut and bolt where else can you see your paramotor being constructed before your very eyes .They will service and repair your parajet at there factory in wiltshire,So hope to be flying this summer as parajet have include training NOW thats what you call a good deal.

Geoffw.

Ill second that ,my Macro has never let me down it starts first time every time and flys straight and level on 1/4 throttle with trimers in , it's had one or two knock and it hasent bent any thing (just my pride ) LOL :D:D:D

Mark

Hello Geoff,

I could not agree with you more, I too own a Parajet and I am so pleased with the build and performance of their paramotors.

Couple this with the excellent back up service I dont think you could buy with more confidence.

Also call me old fashioned but we should be supporting British companies who are prepared to put their necks on the line otherwise all our manufacturing companies in this country will disappear like our car industry has.

Its just a big bonus for us that Parajet paramotors are to coin a phrase "probably one of the best" rather than the best as there is a lot of makes out there (so really not coining a phrase), starting to waffle now so i had better finish, suffice to say buy the best and buy British if possible I did and now I look down on the rest (think I got away with the ending), Alan.

Yes i have finished.

i watched that tip to tip vid and it was good but what i did notice is there is a lot of running with them parajets and also not great if break handles can go through and strike the prop , the build of them looks great , but it didnt look thrilling watchin them chaps run and run

It still cracks me up every time I watch it too :D

The main one that people talk about it Pete B skiing along the ground in Yorkshire. This is mainly to do with the fact he is using the smaller compact blades on the Macro.

Quite a few people add netting to the top section of the cage, to help prevent brake handles getting ingested by the prop.

SW :D

Leo - From your detailed and expert analysis of the flying technique of the tip tip tip pilots, did you manage to see what trim settings the wings were on or what the windsock was doing on every occasion? Could you see how wet and slippery the drive belts were, or how heavy the sodden wings were? Could you see what the atmospheric pressure was doing?

Didn't think so!

My take on the tip to tip is that the guys set themselves a difficult target. In an attempt to meet that target they were flying in conditions which were far from ideal and which in normal circumstances would have seen them choose to be at home, tucked up on their armchairs with a nice cup of tea.

They were using Macros which have much greater thrust than my compact, and that usually gets my 95kg off of the ground with only a minimal run.

Why the constant negative take on the world?

Be happy! :D

Best regards,

Ian

p.s.

I have very recently experienced the phenominal customer service of Parajet and am amazed at how well they looked after me and my motor. I will start a new thread with details.

I think Ian has just about covered it, but having spoken to some of the T2T guys when we were in France, I have nothing but admiration for them, as Leoibb puts it they just run and run and run, and why did they because on most occasions they were almost double their body weight with all the gear, and as Ian also said taking off in conditions that some people wouldn't even walk their dogs in, don't you just love armchair critics? :x

Dave

Hey, you can't have a DVD like that on general release and expect not to be criticised for any shortcomings. When something is presented as 'representative' and it's the only insight someone has (i.e., they weren't there or involved) then the nature of the beast is that problems will be highlighted.

I think even some of the t2t'ers would agree that there are parts of FAD that could be used as text book examples of 'don't try this at home'.

Phil

i watched that tip to tip vid and it was good but what i did notice is there is a lot of running with them parajets and also not great if break handles can go through and strike the prop , the build of them looks great , but it didnt look thrilling watchin them chaps run and run

WELL

It was wet! very wet and very often windy with large clouds taunting us to go and play with them all the time knowing that they had the upper hand as we would be in their back yard so to speak.

The wings were laid out on wet grass oh no I hear you say (not to worry they were still wet from the day before) then the paramotors were filled with fuel, flight suit on, reserve on, flight deck on, maps, compass, altimeter, gps, two radios(for most), stills camera, video camera. phone,stuff sack, tools, Snack bars, water helmet, headset, gloves.

Time now to get up walk through wet grass clip in to a soaking wet wing that you are on the very top weight range of (to give you a little more speed and better wing loading) launch in nil wind first thing in the morning after a night of being cold and wet in a tent in the middle of nowhere.

Power on press the button and she purrs like a pussy on your back!! Ready steady GO pull the wet wing up off the wet grass, run with the weight of all your kit (as there is little lift from your wet wing) full power ( which is approx 25% lower than it should be due to using Smaller than standard blades) and you slowly feel the lift coming, by then you are knackered but you still have to get the wing up to flying speed before you can relax and sit down in your harness ready for those clouds to try and throw you out of there.

Any time you want to come on an interesting cross country let me know?

Brake handles do sometimes contact the prop on other machines not just Parajet,

the reason mine did was that on fast trim there is no tension on the Cs and Ds so they blow back in the wind and coupled with the fact that I hit some rough air causing me to pitch forward. 8):shock::lol:

Pete b

ps do not do what you see us doing in the Video, do it the normal way its much more fun

Agree with Pete, but to say all films have there critics and we were expecting it. but with every thing against us ie, weather, time off work, spares running out etc etc, the group still remained focused and Simon could not have picked a much better group of people. I am hoping that the team picked for the 2010 Australia have as much enthusiasm as we had and they will succeed.

There was a comment also on brake use. I normally fly a Synth which does not need as much brake input as the Revo on take off, and it took a few flights on the Revo to get used to this configuration. Just to add though that both the Revo and the Synth are great wings to fly and in the air they are both really stable and enjoyable to fly.

We had a few probs with the Macro's but they were sorted out and just to add that Parajet are brilliant in there after sales service, and in my opinion still a good looking motor.

I used my own motor on the T2T and with Parajets help its still going strong, although with a new paint job (lol!!)

Mike

Hi Mark t ,Good to hear your parajet is so reliable and strong for the occasional landing that is not quite spot on. All so You have the same gear I have on order with parajet are you pleased with your apco thrust hp wing , one other thing does your reserve get in the way on take off, being lap mounted. Many thanks Geoff w

wow chill out did i say owt out of turn? do they not run and run? i know it was rough goin that was clear but i aint said owt negative or positive, i acctually enjoyed the tip to tip dvd so i aint bein negative about owt, but from what i thought on the parajets i seen on the tip to tip and the parajets i see whn i fly is that they seem a little underpowered, that aint negative it is my thoughts if you take that offensively then do so but it isnt meant to be

it is a good dvd and briiliant effort for the guys involved and it would be good to see somethin similar in the future . i can put names to faces now some at least lol

wow chill out did i say owt out of turn? do they not run and run? i know it was rough goin that was clear but i aint said owt negative or positive, i acctually enjoyed the tip to tip dvd so i aint bein negative about owt, but from what i thought on the parajets i seen on the tip to tip and the parajets i see whn i fly is that they seem a little underpowered, that aint negative it is my thoughts if you take that offensively then do so but it isnt meant to be

No offence was taken or ment just a little insite to what it was like and a little light hearted rib jab ( you should know me by now :D )

The macro has plenty of power its the revo that needs plenty of speed to take off and land,

Pete b

No offence was taken or meant just a little insight to what it was like and a little light hearted rib jab ( you should know me by now :D )

Pete b

Perhaps not by you Pete, but I think I detected (and I may be reading this wrongly) a certain degree of 'sensitivity' to Leo's comments by some ;-)

My general feeling here, and it applies to both sides; Don't stick your head above the parapet if you aren't prepared to get shot at.

one can only speak from ones experience, I love my parajet, the service I had from them was, well over and above what any normal company could be expected to offer its customers.

I created a my own self inflicted Parajet problem, not only did they help me out and turn it around before my holiday they did it for free, inspite of me owning up to my mistake.

PS Pete - maybe you need some guidance with this "like a pussy purring on your back" thing. In general they should be purring somewhere else I have read :)

Hi Geoffw

YES I am very pleased with the Apco Thrust HP but I have nothing to compare it with ,it comes up first time in 5mph reverse launch and hovers above so long as you walk backwards a bit and turn and run increasing the power till you take off (with trimmers let out 1&1/2 inch from pulled tight ).

It is very stable in the air and the swing arms on the Macro gives you Lott's of feedback from the wing .

With a forward launch ( 0- 3mph )I pull the trimmers tight then let them out 3/4 of an inch ,when I feel that the wing is stable and above my head I Run as hard as I can and when I can't run eney more I use the thrust to get me moving till i take off (You have to comite to take of with any forward )

With trimmers let out 1 1/2 inch with nill wind my GPS redgeserd 24 mph I don't know whot the top speed is with trimer out full or with speed bar as I havent tryed that yet

have a look at this its a revers with 5 mph wind trimmers set as above

regards Mark :D:D:D