Durafix Easyweld

alan_k

well i had a go with the easyweld stuff and altho it looks ok for some reason i dont trust it. one of the engine mount brackets was cracked so took engine out and decided against usin this stuff on it, so off to the weld shop it goes, or do you think i might be better just buying a new chassis for it,

Where is our old friend "welder" when you need him? :shock:

I made a garden gate out of old alli tube and "easy weld" many moons ago.

using an old parafin blow torch and a jig made out of a pallet.

20 years later all the joins are still good :D

But I would not use it on any load bearing areas..or engine mounts :(

the line between getting a good joint and melting the subject parts is a fine one,

Best to leave it to a propper TIG welder who knows the score.. :D

well i used it last night and i welded an engine mount strut back on the frame once cooled i stood on the mount so all my weight was pushin the strutt off and i thought it would just break of but no it held me , so i guess it is solid. the only thing is if you dont keep the torch movin ya can melt the ally before it melts the product, if it cracks again then the engine should be ok as it is held in with four engine mounts, so i will get engine in later and keep a good eye on it

well i used it last night and i welded an engine mount strut back on the frame once cooled i stood on the mount so all my weight was pushin the strutt off and i thought it would just break of but no it held me , so i guess it is solid. the only thing is if you dont keep the torch movin ya can melt the ally before it melts the product, if it cracks again then the engine should be ok as it is held in with four engine mounts, so i will get engine in later and keep a good eye on it

Keep is up to date on it as there mabe others that could use it.

Pete b