Use of term 'BMAA school'

All,

I have been asked by two confused students in the last week about this, so feel that it is time to ask the question.

There are still many websites offering Paramotor Training with comments like ' BMAA Registered school' or 'BMAA Paramotor Instructor' along with the BMAA logo.

The Question, why almost a year on... do people still have this information on their websites?

So for the record, I personally think that it is a little deceiving for new pilots into the sport to leave this information on training websites as the rating and system has now been dropped by the BMAA for about a year. It was officially announced by the BMAA on (02-05-2008)

Or an I being a drama queen?

SW :D

Edited by Guest

As far as the web sites go, I am not in the least bit surprised. I've seen loads of sites with details of stuff far older than 12 months. I guess it reflects poorly on the schools concerned, but personally I don't think it's a huge issue.

As for sponsoring, well if they are, why complain, it's just income generation after all. If in fact they are NOT sponsoring the event, it sounds like just another poorly maintained web site.

Just my two Sheckels worth.

Tis true.

Many people dont update websites often enough and I do suspect that it is a case of that rather than attempting to mislead.

but, that fact remains, they have a responsibiblty to remove it.

In fact, I would be supprised if the BMAA have not sent out a letter to all of their old instructors list asking them to remove thier logo and so on, I am recon that there are legal issues just waiting to crop up in the future with this one.

The reason for sponsorship is simple.

Attracting PPG pilots in to the Microlight world, and getting general exposure.

One of the Skycar sponsors has a drain cleaning company. LOL