What a day!!

Today,

What a day!

A feild packed with pilots and students, 2 first flights and every one who wanted to fly flew at least twice each during the day.

Thanks to eveyone who made it.

Awesome!

SW :D

Today,

What a day!

A feild packed with pilots and students, 2 first flights and every one who wanted to fly flew at least twice each during the day.

Awesome!

was not sure of the weather so save driving all the way down I decided to fit my new carb instead, who managed to get their first flights? any pics?

Dave.

Yep l concur, a fantastic day, weather was good although quite thermic during the early afternoon. Had two great flights and the Parajet behaved itself impecably. It was so busy it was like a summer flyin.

Well done Tony on your flight today, pleased for you.

Pete, hope you find your Backy lol.

Simon, cheers for the beer, much appreciated.

Good to see Colin out and about again, l'm sure we will see you flying very soon.

Simon, l will bring the chain saw next time lol.

see you all again soon.

Fly safe

Mike 8):lol::D8):lol:

Today,

What a day!

Awesome!

was not sure of the weather so save driving all the way down I decided to fit my new carb instead, who managed to get their first flights? any pics?

Dave.

Doug and tony.

Not sure if there were any photos.

Only one injury then. X-ray shows no broken bones but I'll be hobbling for several days I reckon.

Does anyone else have trouble with the lumpy surface of the field?

It's ok for experienced pilots but students are running into the really lumpy areas. Simon, you must know a friendly local farmer that can skim the surface for you (even if it means giving him a sweetener).

Hi Dave,

We were at the flag pole yesterday becasue of the two first flights, the other field used to be a cricket pitch and is as flat as a pool table.

Of the 50+ people who have been taught there, we have had 2 twisted ancles in total yourself being 1.

You should go to some of the PG sites and see what you have to run over there!

The problem with flatting the grass is that it's rare and contains lots of bugs and flowers and so on.

The best bet is to take it easy and ensure your boots have 'good' ancle support as mentioned before you started training. If you dont have a pair, you will 100% need them for flying anyway so you may as well get them now.

Thanks to all at the flagpole on Sunday for my first attempt to get my arse off the ground. Did not go according to plan but learnt alot and will be back next weekend. Thanks to Pete, Colin and Simon for all the words of advice and encouragement and showing my daughter a brief insight into the sport.....

I will rig up a sling and practice getting into my harness.

Thanks to all at the flagpole on Sunday for my first attempt to get my arse off the ground. Did not go according to plan but learnt alot and will be back next weekend. Thanks to Pete, Colin and Simon for all the words of advice and encouragement and showing my daughter a brief insight into the sport.....

I will rig up a sling and practice getting into my harness.

You are more than welcome to as much advise and encouragement as you want or need Doug from all of us.

• 2 weeks later...