reserve haness

Guest leoibb

just wondering has anyone considered a light weight harness that fits inside the paramotor harness which you could attach your reserve to and if things went wrong up there you could ditch the motor and land without the added weight of the motor?

i know fresh breeze do same sort of thing, would there be any benefit in havin something as mentioned for all motors?

Well there is at least one brand of motor that they tout as jetison-able. Can't remember which one it is though. Don't really like the idea of abandoning a motor to drop on some poor unsuspecting soul on it's own. At least with a person on board, they can yell a warning.

yes i did think of that too , but then i got thinkin would it be a softer landin without the motor, probably a better safer one, but as ya say you got to ditch the motor and it could cause more harm to people depending were it was dropped

yes i did think of that too , but then i got thinkin would it be a softer landin without the motor, probably a better safer one, but as ya say you got to ditch the motor and it could cause more harm to people depending were it was dropped

Buy the correct size reserve for your all up weight.

Pete b

yes but aparently you still come down at a fair old speed, so i have read its like jumping off a 6 foot wall and with a machine on ya back i recon it will hurt,

yes but aparently you still come down at a fair old speed, so i have read its like jumping off a 6 foot wall and with a machine on ya back i recon it will hurt,

then maybe, just maybe this isn't the sport for you, i carry a reserve but i don't believe I will ever use it or know anybody else who has BUT should I be so unfortunate to need it then I accept the fact that I might break a bone or two or I wouldn't go flying!

Why don't you carry one of those space hoppers underneath your cage and get someone to drive around underneath you in a flat bed truck with a foam pit on the back just to be extra safe?

Hows about ditching the motor on a 30ft webline - it lands first, without its weight you pendulum-land slightly less hard 30ft downwind.

Of course if the flatbed truckdriver could position the foam pit at that 30ft offset, even better......

If Indiana Jones has taught me anything it's that all we need is a self-inflating life raft and possibly some snow and we'll be fine! No reserve needed at all in that case! :roll:

(I still like the Space Hopper Idea though! :D

A reserve is the last resort and is designed to save your life not to prevent injury.

If you are a sensible pilot then you should never need it!!!! better get two just in case then :D

Pete b

I dont think Whitter's will get offended Pete. He did say better preflight checks would've avoided his deployment, I think.

Leeoibb. You should be ok with the unit you're flying. Like Pete said, the best you can do is make sure you have the correct size. Might be a bit of a bump. Doubt you'd stay standing, nor would I try. Get ready to bend your knees and prepare for a bent set of skids. You have greatly reduced risk of injury with your seat being connected to the rigid hang bars.

Dave