Wake turbulence

kinda reminds me of when I was a teenager riding my fizzy, we used to get right behind buses and big lorries and the slipstream used to sort of pull us along behind it.

Dave.

Snap! Although I never had a fizzer, had a bored out DT50 which almost kept up with them!

Huh!.. Push bike! Luxury.... we us't do it on foot!

Feet? it werent till I were 18 and had worked 6 years down mines I was able to afford feet,

Try telling that to the kids of today :lol::lol:

Feet FEET we used to crawl round on stumps cause we eat our legs , worked till we were dead then had to crawl home clean the dirt we lived in and lick the road clean before we could live again to go to work. And we had to pay the boss to work there.

HUH they were good old days though.

I miss um somtimes

Pete b

Does that mean I'm the only one mad enough to do it on a push bike?

Although I feel stupid to admit it now, about 28 years ago I briefly rode my pushbike in the 3rd lane of the M4 towards London on a Saturday night, I'd be livid if I saw someone do that now!

Does that mean I'm the only one mad enough to do it on a push bike?

Although I feel stupid to admit it now, about 28 years ago I briefly rode my pushbike in the 3rd lane of the M4 towards London on a Saturday night, I'd be livid if I saw someone do that now!

do some mad things when your young, I bought the fizzy from my cousin, in 1979 we rode it 2 up, I was the passenger, all the way from canvey island to silverstone to watch the motorcycle grand prix, all back roads too as there were very little in the way of motorways and being a moped we werent allowed on them either, turned out to be a classic meeting, with Kenney roberts and Barry sheene having a titanic ding dong, aaaaahhhhh memories heh!

Dave

Who said anything about when they were young?

Now when I was young, bought a Honda C50 step-thru with my mum, crashed it on the way home from the previous owners and broke both my arms. Repaired it while still in plaster, and then rode it with the casts on, using big woolly socks as gloves!

kinda reminds me of when I was a teenager riding my fizzy, we used to get right behind buses and big lorries and the slipstream used to sort of pull us along behind it.

Dave.

Bet you had the yellow one and dreamt it was an RD 250 coffin tank with mag wheels didnt you Dave. lol Alan

Dave.

Bet you had the yellow one and dreamt it was an RD 250 coffin tank with mag wheels didnt you Dave. lol Alan

in the kenny roberts race colours, spot on :D

Dave

Alan, its the model of bike Yamaha FS1E 50 affectionately known as fizzy or fizzer!

Yes Malcs but the big boys rode the ap50 more power than the average can of ajax(before aforementioned went metric).

Anyway big boys went on to kettles and water bottles oh and than paramotors

Alan, its the model of bike Yamaha FS1E 50 affectionately known as fizzy or fizzer!

Yes Malcs but the big boys rode the ap50 more power than the average can of ajax(before aforementioned went metric).

Anyway big boys went on to kettles and water bottles oh and than paramotors

Why is this thread making me grin and getting me all excited?

I had the SS50 (Honda 4 stroke) like the AP 50 from Suzuki it had 5 gears. I think the Fizzy only had four. I think the AP50 had the better top end speed but only just. Approx 56mph if I remember right.

I know this because I was racing my mate on his AP50. My SS50 had a front disk break (oh yeah, check that out) However the break had seized up so I only had the back break, which as we know is very poor on a motorbike. My mate on his AP50 had pulled away from me down a steep hill. I was in classic 50cc race position... chest on tank and elbows in.. when suddenly I realised there were traffic lights ahead. The AP50 just got through on amber but I didnt, and without front breaks I couldn't stop either. I mounted the pavement to avoid a car and hit a concrete lampost rather than hit pedestians. The last ride my SS50 had. My left hand/thumb is deformed still today. A reminder of my youthful days on un-restricted 50 cc machines.

A friend of mine has restored a kettle (3 cylinder water cooled Susuki) think its a 750.

I remember this older fella (about 20) who was super cool because he rode a Triumph Bonneville. Wow, what a hero. I still want one.

Regards

Whitters.

• 3 months later...
I envied the guys with the fizzies. Mine was a Gilera 50 trial. Spent too much time fixing it and not enough riding it. Clutch slip and electric probs. Good off road though.

Dave it could have been worse a mate of mine had a Garelli record remember them it was the less fashionable stable mate of the Garelli Tiger. Standard tool kit was a tin opener but boy was it fast beat all of our ap50's and fizzys hands down, and he caused one of the funniest pile ups ever when he was in front as usual and he braked (no brake lights on these though) John rode straight up his arse along with the rest of us, only man standing Ray on his Garelli.

Never forget Johns face (p***pot helmet) scuffed and hopping across Paul road yelping so funny. :D