Tow Bar Rack

jonnorton

OK, here is my very simple, very cheap solution, don't get too excited, this is really basic, but it works great if you don't have a tow bar.

I think the pics explain everything.

The white rag is just there to protect the paintwork from the metal parts on the ratchet strap.

There is a horizontal bar at the top of the harness that the strap passes round before it goes back into the ratchet. Once the strap is pulled tight, the use of the ratchet lifts the motor off the ground.

For short journeys I'll pass the strap through the roof bars, but on motorways the strap between the bars flaps on the roof, so around the hinges is then the best method.

You will need to make up a number plate as the original is not visible.

573363fb4ca76_tiedupdirty.jpg.dfed423b44

573363fb545da_carpetprotection.jpg.a555c

573363fb5d12f_hoponbaby.jpg.ad618074b1c8

Stuart, thanks very much for taking the time to photograph your winch technique.

As you say, it's really simple but, for me it looks ideal to travel the short distance to one of my launch sites.

Will definitely give it a go with my kit.

Cheers

Dan

• 1 month later...

Maybe they saw me coming, but I invested £150 in a purpose made weatherproof bag that the whole machine goes into. This can then be mounted onto my EasyBase, which is particularly simple as there are attachment points around the circumference of the bag.

I know that might seem like a bit too much to spend on a bag, but I figured that after shelling out around £4k for a new paramotor this isn't too much money to protect it from the elements and any road dirt.

I'll post some pic's at some point in the future.