Throttle recomendations

outkast

I am looking to change my PAP throttle, as others who own PAPs will know they are pretty basic with only the killswitch on, I am looking for one wich has both killswitch and electric start switch, any recomendations?

Dave.

I like the Parajet one, but from what I can see, it's no good for me as I use a left hand throttle.

You could do a lot worse than building your own I reckon. A bit of push bike handle bar, a mountain bike brake lever, a couple of push switches, some corrugated conduit and some heat shrink. Mount the switches in plastic plugs that are a tight fit inside the handlebar, one at the top to kill, and one at the bottom to start, or get more creative and incorporate your radio's ptt switch too.

The old walkerjet one was nice Dave. I ran it over, in the field of grass, with the Transit and it lived. The Flat-top one has been likened to a Sthyl or Huskavarna leaf blower type of handle. That might be worth investigating. I think they're right as I have to push the safety trigger on the back of the handle before the throttle can be activated. Typical of power tools. one thing I would favour, also, is a kill swith that stays off instead of having to be held in til the motors dead. I flew one like it and it did make sense for learner landings esp. Not that you are Dave. :wink:

Dave (tother one bueee)