Paramotor Package and Training Wanted

stew

Hi all,

I am looking into taking paramotoring up but I don’t have any knowledge to base any purchases or training on. Any assistance would be gratefully received in these areas. I am 6’1” 94kg and relatively athletic and I am looking for a package that’s safe to start with and will not need upgrading when I wish to start experimenting with it. I’m trying to find out if it’s better to buy new, or used. The best place to buy from, the kit I should be looking for (paramotors and wings / manufacturers etc), the prices for new and used and good training venues in the North West of England. I may also want to try Paragliding with the same wing if possible, so guidance on this would be good also. Please also feel free to contact me with any decent packages for sale. Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Stew

Hi Stew,

I was in a similar position to you just a few months ago. Frustrated and excited in equal measure. I finally settled on training in Southport with Andy Walkden check out www.flyschool.co.uk. He is a good guy and a good teacher and he will make sure you don't kill yourself which is pretty important. He has access to both Dudek and Paramania wings and Bailey and Airfer motors.

He has recently launched his own range of motors and I am awaiting delivery of a new Skywalk Paramotor Tornado which is similar to a PAP but with a Black Devil engine.

Anyway Andy will guide you right on your choice of wing or motor. There are others around so check them out as I did but I feel certain you won't regret giving Andy a call.

Oh yeah and for what its worth I did my first flights on the school motor and the school wings which meant I didn't scratch up my new Dudek Synthesis 29 complete with my logo. When I have worked out how to post the pics I will but here is the YouTube vid of my slightly precarious first flight, I have honestly improved a little since and no longer face plant!

Snowman

:D:D:D [/img]

Hi Stew,

I was in a similar position to you just a few months ago. Frustrated and excited in equal measure. I finally settled on training in Southport with Andy Walkden check out www.flyschool.co.uk. He is a good guy and a good teacher and he will make sure you don't kill yourself which is pretty important. He has access to both Dudek and Paramania wings and Bailey and Airfer motors.

He has recently launched his own range of motors and I am awaiting delivery of a new Skywalk Paramotor Tornado which is similar to a PAP but with a Black Devil engine.

Anyway Andy will guide you right on your choice of wing or motor. There are others around so check them out as I did but I feel certain you won't regret giving Andy a call.

Oh yeah and for what its worth I did my first flights on the school motor and the school wings which meant I didn't scratch up my new Dudek Synthesis 29 complete with my logo. When I have worked out how to post the pics I will but here is the YouTube vid of my slightly precarious first flight, I have honestly improved a little since and no longer face plant!

Snowman

:D:D:D [/img]

Thanks for the above. Southport is not far from me so that cound be a good option. Using the schools kit sounds a good idea also! By the way, nice landing.