RAD Help

patpending

Morning Guys'

I have recently purchased a little used RAD paramotor. Bought new in 2004 it has never flown, it has run but the piston has no carbon on it at all. The only signs of wear are the motor and exhaust mounts are cracked and the starter cord is very frayed where it goes over the decompress wire. The belt looks fine as does the rest of the unit, it just needed a bit of a clean after being in a shed for the last 5 years.

My question is what is the carb fitted to the Radne and what is the best place for a rebuild kit.

Also are there any other points I should be looking at.

Cheers

Pat

He is based in Hungerford, but a carb kit can be sent next day I am sure.

He owns a garden shop, chainsaws, hedge cutters, lawn mowers and so on... which use the same carbs.

SW :D

Hi Guys,

Just looking at my spark now and I notice that I don't seem to have one !!!. At first I thought it was a simple kill switch or on off switch issue. But when I put a meter from the tag on the coil thingy to earth I'm getting a reading of 2 ohms. Is that OK any chance someone with a Racket engine could check. No need to strip anything you can get in with the probes. But you do need to put the switch to the running position. Also whilst doing a search for spare ignition units (they are £125 from RAD). I found these guys macckartingonline.co.uk £53 so quite a saving. Hope it helps someone and I hope I don't need them.

Cheers in advance

Pat