Adventure F3 harness question

Hi, I've not yet flown my F3 and I've done a hang check with the low hang points for free flight mode and the high one's for powered flying.

There is a chest strap on my harness which is fastened together with a plastic buckle but has no adjustment.

The strap can slide up and down the shoulder straps but when I hang in the harness this strap seems to be close to my face and because there is no adjustment width wise it doesn't allow the main chest strap/cross bracing between the hang points reach it's desired tension.

I am wondering whether this chest strap is only supposed to be used when using the low hang points for free flying?

Can anyone help me on this one please??? :?

Justin

My F3 harness, I believe is the 'de-luxe' model, and it only has the one metal main chest/waist strap. I wouldn't worry too much about the extra one, as being plastic, it's obviously not meant to be load bearing. In fact, if it's limiting how far apart the two sides of the harness can be, you might find it self destructs when loaded up under the wing and doing a few turns.

Just my take on things, I've only been flying about 6 months, so take what I say with a pinch or two of salt.

Phil

Thanks Phil,

What you're saying makes sense. I was planning to test fly the harness in free flight mode first so I will probably find out with ground handling whether it causes me a problem or not.

I can't see why I would need it with the high hang points but it's obviously there for a reason thats why I'm thinking perhaps it's there for free flight just to retain the shoulder straps as these tend to go slack in flight.

We shall see!! :shock:

Justin

is the chest strap there to stop the harness from hangin off your shoulders while launching? without the chest strap fastened could one sade of the harness fall off the shoulder which would disrupt the wings desired path?

Justin

It sounds similar to the one I had on my Walkerjet. It popped open sometimes and then the shoulder straps would start to slide off my shoulders whilst on the T O run. Had to abort one T O because of it. There isn't one on my current set up but it doesn't seem to matter

Only if free flying on the lower hang points can I see this possibly happening. When I've done a hang check in the higher hang points there seems no way that the shoulder straps could fall off us these are under a lot of tension.

I will have to check further into this one.

Thanks for the input.

Justin

as far as i am aware a lot of high hang point harnessess have s shoulder strap, clip ya wing in and run launch it without the chest strap , when the wing goes off to one side it will pull , have a try with it