Easter Monday Flagpole?

Loaded car up in the rain then rang Simon to check on conditions there, only to find out it's poo there aswell! Very dissapointed. ( Going to have to find myself another weather man.)

Now , do I unload my car and try another weekend or do I wait untill the morning and try again . Weather man says it going to be better but I can't trust him any more.

Secondly will there be any activity down there anyway?

Really itching to get fully trained. :x

Tim

Loaded car up in the rain then rang Simon to check on conditions there, only to find out it's poo there aswell! Very dissapointed. ( Going to have to find myself another weather man.)

Now , do I unload my car and try another weekend or do I wait untill the morning and try again . Weather man says it going to be better but I can't trust him any more.

Secondly will there be any activity down there anyway?

Really itching to get fully trained. :x

Tim

Hi Tim

I will be down the flagpole tomorrow , so I will see you there.

The morning looks good at the moment but gusting after 1pm

Pete b

What a day!

It was hot like a summers day. The thermals started coming through at lunch time 'to create a forced lunch' followed by, a little more training.

Well done to Gary for sussing out how to keep the wing over his head on day-1 dispite thermic and tricky conditions! You worked hard today chap :D

A short flight in the morning to chase away the deer and get some great footage in the process! followed by a good days training, to a keen day 1 TP (trainee Pilot) Loads of progress made, followed by a nice pint of guiness at the local water hole.

Also Cheers to Pete B, for the help and Tim, Nigel for the guiness.

I am getting my buzz back from being away now :D more days like this for me please!

Summers on the way everyone! (after this next bit of poo weather I recon ;-) ;-) )

SW :D

What a day!

It was hot like a summers day. The thermals started coming through at lunch time 'to create a forced lunch' followed by, a little more training.

Well done to Gary for sussing out how to keep the wing over his head on day-1 dispite thermic and tricky conditions! You worked hard today chap :D

A short flight in the morning to chase away the deer and get some great footage in the process! followed by a good days training, to a keen day 1 TP (trainee Pilot) Loads of progress made, followed by a nice pint of guiness at the local water hole.

Also Cheers to Pete B, for the help and Tim, Nigel for the guiness.

I am getting my buzz back from being away now :D more days like this for me please!

Summers on the way everyone! (after this next bit of poo weather I recon ;-) ;-) )

SW :D

All above seconded

Gary it will not be long before you are up there if you keep going at the rate you were today.

Next time if the weathers right Tim.

Nigel don't leave it to long this time.

Simon well what can I say :D

Pete b

Guys, Had a fantastic day! so pleased that I managed to crack it in the end, and go home on a high :D I thought that I was fit untill today! I ache all over but it was so worth it! looking forward to day 2 and soon as the weather will let me please, I even managed to come away with a sun glow too! bring on summer.

Yep, an excellent day. I now ache in places I didn't know could ache!!

As always lots of good hints and tips from Simon & Pete but I think the top tip of the day is, as Pete says above, "Don't leave it so long!!!" First trip out this year and it certainly showed, whilst I could still remember the basic principals I had lost the ability (what little I had) to move myself or pull the appropriate bit of rope INSTINCTIVELY - lots more ground practise i think!

Good to meet Tim and Gary, and finished off with a pint sat outside the local on a gorgeous sunny day, what more could you ask for (except less gusty wind!!), see you next week.

Nygel