parajet

geoffw

• 2 weeks later...

I own a parajet makro which i purchased second hand last year, the motor has around 60 hours flying time on it 6 hours by myself and i can honestly say its been spot on.

I have seen on this forum that like most products you can get problems with things and not knowing their circumstances i would like to say that a lot of problems associated with ring gear wearing out starter motor failures and so on can be owner inflicted.

A lot of people flood engines especially two stroke engines and then repeatedly crank it over putting unnecessary strain and wear and tear on components, then blame it on sub standard parts and i have witnessed this first hand.

Before i got myself into paramotoring I was a keen Jet ski fanatic, now these machines where incredibly temperamental and extremely expensive both to run and repair especially after a few years running so it will be interesting to see the comparisons between the costs of these two sports.

Anyway back to your question, yes i rate my parajet it starts easily its economical looks really well built compared to some that i have seen. Already at the field i have seen other paramotors that have been playing up so i for one am glad i bought this machine hope this helps.

I can honestly say,

I have had my Compact Ti for 2 years and it has over 200 hours and has been used to teach with for all that time.

I have changed the belt once, NEVER cleaned the carb out (until I get back from the desert of course, where it flew many hours in sandy hot air)

And I have never had a problem with it other than a self inflicted one due to a bent frame.

I also flew my Macro (which I also teach with and have done for 2 years) from lands end to just South of JOG. the ONLY problem I had was the carb blocking with fluff. It then seized a few months later because 'I' handed a student petrol with no 2 stroke in.

I know that other people have had problems, but its frustrating because I dont know why my units have been 100% all the way and others having problems.

Overall, when you factor in the service, (free mending of a 3 year old 3'rd hand unit!) I think they are good paramotors.

SW :D

Yep l agree with Pete, Parajet have gone all out to sort my motor out and l flew it last Saturday with no problems since the service. (although l didn't fly long as to give it a chance to bed in) will be flying it again at Barrys field after the round London pilots have taken off.

Mike :D

although i cant speak first hand, 2 friends of mine have / had macros, one broke his and had new frame sent up within the week, my other friends had a casting problem which was also rectified within the week.

in all a great after sales service which is one of the main reasons ( apart from the looks ) that i bought parajet.

only comment i have is that how come every time i look on the parajet site they are increasing in price??? has the economy affected things?

My Macro grabs eyes where ever she goes, that initially drew me in too. Now I see some genuine engineering went into the machine...things like a rear mount for the starter motor (where others shear off) the unique cage style (which I saw something like on the new Nirvana video so they must like it too), the extreme power generated from this classy act still has me dazed and the riding style of these swing arm low hangers is so big I still don't know what it's all about or how to use it to full advantage but I do know I am more comfortable with increased feel of the wing as opposed to what I was expecting from what I heard about a busier ride - well busier maybe but via removing a "mask" don't know quite how to explain it but sort of like Johnny Cougar's lyrics hurt so good, sometimes love don't feel like it should, you make it UH UH hurt so good - da da da da.

Can't hardly wait to Rotronize me Macro, hurry up Jim (please I mean).

Stay Classy and don't forget to torque your heads, those are high ratio power pulses,

Marko :D

p.s. that means post script - the only part of that motor that has failed me so far is "me"

Yes, we are one. :wink:

As you can see, by the video I put up this morning, Martin loves his Parajet. He's had it for years. Had a split in the exhaust 2 weeks ago. ten quid to weld and haven't heard him moan about owt else. It always starts well when we fly together too. I'm well aware that people love to criticise, from the comfort of their armchair. Go on any car forum and you'll see the same behaviour there.

For that kind of money and a bit of basic research, you can't go wrong. At the risk of being slightly controversial, I would suggest you stick to well known brands. They must be doing something right to establish good reputations. There might be some lesser known gems out there, but the uncertainty is not worth the risk. Most of the top brands make good quality products and offer good after sales support.

Make sure you get a good instructor to train you. You could save your self a fortune in prop replacements and repair damage.

For that kind of money and a bit of basic research, you can't go wrong. At the risk of being slightly controversial, I would suggest you stick to well known brands. They must be doing something right to establish good reputations. There might be some lesser known gems out there, but the uncertainty is not worth the risk. Most of the top brands make good quality products and offer good after sales support.

Make sure you get a good instructor to train you. You could save your self a fortune in prop replacements and repair damage.

You WILL save your self a fortune in prop replacements and repair damage[/u]