The urge is too much!

I just can not resist the urge to invent something, sell it for Just short of £6k and buy me one of these in a few months when for sale.

e6a5c7ccad.jpg

182c91cc9c.jpg

It is a lot of money yes! but its stunning!!

There are the questions of how reliable, fuel burn, maintinance and so on.. but I think I am happy enough to find some dosh for a deposit at least I recon!

I have looked at some other motors, and yes there are some very nice motors out there at the moment, I think I just like the compactness of it all.

For Sale... (in 2 months) my Compact Ti (just re-built everything) Starter, plug, belt, reduction drive & Bearing, Swing arm bolts and mounts, Carb Kit, the internal tank filter, It will come with, Spare Barrel and Piston (as it was not required for re-build), Spare Head, (ALL PARTS MENTIONED ARE NEW) and some other spares, like damaged but repairable spare blades, new set of prop bolts, a few plugs... and so on..

Running on, Super Unleaded with TTS.

Any Sensible offers can be texted to the number below, or PMed.... Call for any other information.

SW :D

Thats a wankle right? Is it made of gold or have an "M" badge so it goes faster? Give it a few miles and it'll look like all the rest. Just another little motor. No big deal. It looks pretty enough but 6grand for a paramotor? Ugh!

Thats a wankle right? Is it made of gold or have an "M" badge so it goes faster? Give it a few miles and it'll look like all the rest. Just another little motor. No big deal. It looks pretty enough but 6grand for a paramotor? Ugh!

With you on that. Unless something VERY outstanding has been managed with the Wankel concept, then the con's outweigh the pro's for me, certainly at that sort of price. Look at what you are actually getting for your money, then compare it with other i/c engine based product and pretty much ANY paramotor stacks up badly, but 6k!

Edited by Ian Mooney on 16th April -

I made a negative comment here about my Parajet Volution in a fit of temper having had a technical problem.

I have subsequently chosen to remove this comment.

I contacted Parajet and they volunteered to take the motor in and give it some tlc free of charge and then warranty the work! Amazing customer service, even more-so considering that I bought my motor secondhand from a 3rd party.

I drove it to the factory yesterday and was met by Giles and Andrew Scaramanga. Andrew took the motor straight into the workshop and immediately started working on it. They anticipate having it for a week or so, during which time Giles has kindly offerred to test fly it over several flights, changing anything which is not up to his high standards.

I now feel a bit of an arse for not giving Parajet the opportunity to offer this before shooting my mouth off!! :oops:

I can't imagine that many paramotor manufacturers give this level of customer service, especially to someone who has maligned their product on an open forum (yes, they had read my previous posts and take feedback very seriously). Any paramotor by their nature can have problems. The way that Parajet have gone beyond the call of duty leads me to say that anyone considering a new paramotor should have no hesitation in chosing one from Parajet.

Best regards,

Ian.

Edited by Guest

I think the firm that is first to the market an electric paramotor that works will clean up.

Ask any pilot what he’d like in a paramotor and he’ll say he wants power and lightness, low noise and decent runtime. So I think this paramotor is going totally in the wrong direction for all the reasons I’ve mentioned.

For my own part I don’t want a heavy noisy vibrating brick on my back.

Shutting off a paramotor in the air is a joy. Just to hear the wind and a bit of whistle from the lines. An electric motor would fill those needs. If you were to let the throttle go it would go silent. No vibes no tick over. Pure joy!

Jeff

I tt the rotery engine they had on show at splash some time back, I though they were going to be fuel injected?

as for electric motors, battery technology is the sticking point, if someone can come up with a battery that is not only light but has a descent endurance wich can be made relatively cheaply, they will clean up.

Dave.

For £6k I'd want it to be a lot more reliable than my current Parajet Volution. :x

I have a list of about 20 failures in the last 12 months. Don't know about the dogs gonads. More like the brown smelly stuff that comes out from slightly higher up!!!

Controversial I know, but there it is!!!

Ian.

Ian, not at all controversial chap

If you have had a bad time with your motor thats bad news, it's rubbish when you cant fly for any reason.

Have you taken it up with Parajet / the person you purchased it from?

1/ I think the firm that is first to the market an electric paramotor that works will clean up.

2/ Ask any pilot what he’d like in a paramotor and he’ll say he wants power and lightness, low noise and decent runtime. So I think this paramotor is going totally in the wrong direction for all the reasons I’ve mentioned.

3/ For my own part I don’t want a heavy noisy vibrating brick on my back.

4/ Shutting off a paramotor in the air is a joy. Just to hear the wind and a bit of whistle from the lines. An electric motor would fill those needs. If you were to let the throttle go it would go silent. No vibes no tick over. Pure joy!

Jeff

Point 1 I agree

Point 2 yes to power and lightness, the electric has the same amount of prop noise, Why is this one going in the wrong direction compared to others today it may not be that much lighter but there will be virtually no vibration.

3 So buy a light less powered unit

4/ so what is the difference in noise between an electric paramotor shut off and a petrol engine shut off as the prop noise is the same on both when they are running

:?:

Pete b

1/ I think the firm that is first to the market an electric paramotor that works will clean up.

2/ Ask any pilot what he’d like in a paramotor and he’ll say he wants power and lightness, low noise and decent runtime. So I think this paramotor is going totally in the wrong direction for all the reasons I’ve mentioned.

3/ For my own part I don’t want a heavy noisy vibrating brick on my back.

4/ Shutting off a paramotor in the air is a joy. Just to hear the wind and a bit of whistle from the lines. An electric motor would fill those needs. If you were to let the throttle go it would go silent. No vibes no tick over. Pure joy!

Jeff

Point 1 I agree

Point 2 yes to power and lightness, the electric has the same amount of prop noise, Why is this one going in the wrong direction compared to others today it may not be that much lighter but there will be virtually no vibration.

3 So buy a light less powered unit

4/ so what is the difference in noise between an electric paramotor shut off and a petrol engine shut off as the prop noise is the same on both when they are running

:?:

Pete b

2. wrong direction as in the time, effort and cost to make such a machine. For me at least it's a bit like reinventing the wheel. Apart form the mechanical concept which is cool. It also looks quite heavy and with a full tank of gas even more so. That said I have no idea of it’s stats

3. I have a lightweight machine and it’s about as light as it gets with current technology and the power is good enough for me.

4. Tru you aren’t going to get away from the prop noise...but...you are going to get away from the noisy petrol motors and even on tick over they rock n roll. Also when running a petrol you have BOTH the motor AND prop noise.

I just can not resist the urge to invent something, sell it for Just short of £6k and buy me one of these in a few months when for sale.

e6a5c7ccad.jpg

182c91cc9c.jpg

It is a lot of money yes! but its stunning!!

There are the questions of how reliable, fuel burn, maintinance and so on.. but I think I am happy enough to find some dosh for a deposit at least I recon!

I have looked at some other motors, and yes there are some very nice motors out there at the moment, I think I just like the compactness of it all.

For Sale... (in 2 months) my Compact Ti (just re-built everything) Starter, plug, belt, reduction drive & Bearing, Swing arm bolts and mounts, Carb Kit, the internal tank filter, It will come with, Spare Barrel and Piston (as it was not required for re-build), Spare Head, (ALL PARTS MENTIONED ARE NEW) and some other spares, like damaged but repairable spare blades, new set of prop bolts, a few plugs... and so on..

Running on, Super Unleaded with TTS.

Any Sensible offers can be texted to the number below, or PMed.... Call for any other information.

It does look stunning, I want to touch it and feel it, rub and polish the shiney bits. It looks like a proper boys toy. Definately think you should get one Simon, then i can have a go on it.

Regards

Whitters.