Adventure Rubber Engine Mounts

Leadweight

I have an Adventure F3 with cracking/sagging motor mounts.

Adventure parts in the US are getting hard to find.

I have a part # V12Z09MMM121510 EDIT/UPDATE: THESE ARE NOT CORRECT. THE CORRECT PART# FROM ADVENTURE IS MR25 I NEEDED 3. NEWER ADVENTURE MODELS USE 4 OF THEM.

Would somebody please verify if these are correct, or send me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Mike

Edited by Guest

Hello, I have had the same problem with my mounts on my solo powered PAP, I have had the mounts on back order with skydragons for months, in the end I did a search on the net under "anti vibe engine mounts" and there are plenty of companies that make and sell them, as long as you know the size you can get them elsewhere

http://www.nene-rubber.co.uk/circular-bobbins.php

Dave.

Yes, there are lot of companies that sell rubber mounts but be careful. They may look the same but a lot of the cheap ones are made with poor quality rubber. The link Dave has included is to the same company I brought mine from when building my paramotor. The guy told me that they use only the best quality rubber available to make their mounts. I think I still only paid around £4.50 each.

Also you need to make sure the mounts have a high shear rating. Mine are around 30Kg per mount.

Joe

Would having too high of a shear rating actually take away from the anti-vibration effect I am looking for?

Do you or does anyone know what the O.E.M. rating of the mounts for the F3 are?

I would like to keep it as close to stock as possibly unless there is a proven upgrade.

Would one of our French speaking friends call Adventure and see if they can get this information :P !

Thanks. I did call Adventure and with their help was able to get the part number for the mounts. I then ordered the mounts and a few other goodies (to make a minimum order) thru their e-site.

Hopefully it won't take too long for the mounts to get across the big pond.

• 3 weeks later...

The motor mounts made it here two days ago and I installed them yesterday.

The top two I removed had some cracking in the surface. The bottom one(which needed to have the gas tank removed to get to) actually split in two when I gave it a good twist. I am very glad I changed these. Rubber will deteriorate over time whether or not the engine is being used..just like tires on our vehicles. Hopefully everyone gives their's the once over.

I also installed a new primer bulb(keeping the old one as a back-up) and all new fuel lines from the primer since I had the tank out already.

Cleaned the funk out of the tank (old piece of rubber fuel line turning to a gooey mess).

Changed the pulse line to the engine and the whole fuel line with filter to the bottom of the tank (including a home-made weight).

My wife spray painted the standard exhaust with high temp/high gloss black(looks awesome).

Ordered a spare propeller.

I just need to do a little mod to the WB32 and put the K&N on it and she will be ready to fly!!!!

Of course I am not ready to fly...still kiting/ground training whenever the weather is agreeable!

Thanks Dave.

Your recommendation of Nene Rubber was timely and spot on!!

I needed to replace both of my exhaust mounts and was given comfort in the knowledge that their mounts had been tested and given a specification.

They were extremely helpful on the phone. I ordered 4 mounts (2 as spares to be kept in the toolbox!), and the bill came to just £11 including postage. They turned up the very next day - Great service.

Cheers,

Ian.

Hope I'm not teaching grandmother to suck eggs, but you have installed the length of webbing from one side of the rubber mount to the other, as back up in the event of failure, haven't you?

Phil

Hi Phil! Yes I even burned the edges of the hole I drilled to keep them from fraying and super glued them down to keep them from twisting while tightening. I appreciate you double checking on a newbie(me) though!

I do have some questions for you about the hang test and how to avoid the "Adventure Run" I have heard about.

I figured those questions would come in time...but why not now?

I have read the "Powered Powergliding Bible" twice so far....I have watched "Risk & Reward" twice along with "Why We Fly" and every video on Youtube & Vimeo. I have probably read every topic in this forum that contains "F3", "Solo 210", "Powerplay Sting". All the training blogs...which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way.

Keep in mind though....I am a complete newbie to PPG....So continue to teach Grandma to suck eggs (whatever the heck that means-lol).

Also keep in mind I already F*#ked up step 1 by buying my set-up before doing any research :lol:

I am down to 200lbs by eating nasty tasting granola bars for breakfast & lunch....I can't afford the tuned exhaust :P

"I have read the "Powered Powergliding Bible" twice so far....I have watched "Risk & Reward" twice along with "Why We Fly" and every video on Youtube & Vimeo. I have probably read every topic in this forum that contains "F3", "Solo 210", "Powerplay Sting". All the training blogs...which I thoroughly enjoyed by the way."

I am not the only one then :D

Dave.

Hi all. When I bought my Rad motor a few years ago I noticed that the rubber enging mounts were perished. I went to our local Halfords store and bought 4 identical mounts and fitted them. Even after all the rigours and vibration of flying over that time the mounts still remain as new. The mounts were car exhaust ones and were just £1.99 each. What a bargain. Cheers, Chris. 8)