m25 round trip

I would like to know who is planning on going on the m25 round trip organised my micheal carnet?? I would like to know because i am thinking of doing it but i will not have much exp by the time the event comes around so i would like to tagg along with someone with a good few hours under there belt. I have a good few hours of paragliding under my belt but with every limited xc exp. It would be good to go with someone with the same type of kit as i am planning on getting but this is not important as long as the wings are roughly the same speed :lol: I am planning on getting a bailey 175 1.1 and a fusion...

Any thoughts?????

Morgy

My friend and I were thinking of taking part. We've both passed our SPHG but I must admit my flying style has not excercised much need for navigational skills. We saw it as a chance to fly with many others and brush up a bit. I've sent you a pm with my number if you want to get in touch with us. We're in Devon.

Dave

Should we start a new thread to show who is planning on going and what they fly???

well I am going to try and get as much airtime in before the event and depending on how confident I feel nearer the time I may well go for it, I have been working out how to use my gps fully and all the trip details, route etc are on the rally round london website, going to take my gps to lambourn and see how I get on with reading it whilst flying.

Dave.

just go for it outcast

I think if we can get a few people together from the forum some with alot of exp and may be some with not so much we could all pair up and use a buddy system or even just fly in a gaggle as long as we are all in radio contact then it should be all ok....

I am just hoping bailey are going let me know the price of the v3 and get one to me in good time for me to do this event!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Anyone from here flying in the rally tomorrow ? I'm still on holiday flying round Northumberland :(

Nice notam submitted in advance......

PARAMOTOR RALLY AROUND LONDON. UP TO 50 PARAMOTOR ACFT (NON-RADIO)

IN STREAM. ROUTEING AS FOLLOWS. ETD 0700 HR FROM 5114N 00039W

(HOMESTEAD FARM). THEN ROUTING - 5113N 00047W(FARNHAM ROUNDABOUT) -

5111N 00059W(GOLDEN POT CROSSROADS)-5116N 00101W(BRIDGE OVER M3)-

5127N 00053W(E READING PONDS) - 5130N 00052W(LOWER SHIPLAKE FLOOD

PLAIN) - 5135N 00051W (ROCKWELL END)- 5135N 00053W (THE HYDE

CROSSROAD)-5138N 00053W (BRIDGE OVER M40) -5139N 00048W (RAIL BRIDGE

A4010) - 5140N 00042W(CROSSROAD) - 5142N 00037W (ROUNDABOUT A416)

-5144N 00032W(BOVINGDON AD)- 5142N 00021W (RAIL BRIDGE OVER M25) -

5141N 00010W (M25 JUNCT 24) -5141N 00003W (M25 JUNCT 25) - 5143N

00002E (M25 JUNCT) - 5141N 00013E(ROAD JUNCT A113) - 5136N 00015E

(M25 JUNCT 28) - 5134N 00017E (M25 JUNCT 29) ARR 5132N 00014E (DAMYNS

HALL AD). ETA 1900HR. PARTICIPANTS WILL REMAIN CLEAR OF CONTROLLED

AIRSPACE. EVENT OPS CONTACT 07802737794. AUS 09-04-0027/AS2.

Dave/Outcast,

Did you do the trip or not...................................actually if you are doing it you would still be out there.....duhhh?

I too considerd it, but with my very low hours.............3hrs................i wasnt confident enough.

Interesting to see who did? Would this forum be thinking of something similar?

Wonder if Simon would plan some sort of XC for low hour chappies like me? There are probably loads of us out there wanting to do something similar but lack of experience and confidence hinders us.......well especially me.

As an aside i wonder how they got on?

Was in bed looking outside this morning and wondering what it was like and then heard the familiar sound of a 2 stroke buzzing at 8.30am!!!! Then another close behind!!!

After about half an hour a further three pilots flew over my garden...................brilliant!!!!!! Then i thought.........weather must be ok.........................had a an idea to fly but was sure the weather was naff today? Rightly so..................12mph and gusting..........not my idea of flying?

I wonder what is the maximum wind speed one could fly in?

Good luck to the ones out there!

Mike

Dave/Outcast,

Did you do the trip or not...................................actually if you are doing it you would still be out there.....duhhh?

I too considerd it, but with my very low hours.............3hrs................i wasnt confident enough.

Interesting to see who did? Would this forum be thinking of something similar?

Wonder if Simon would plan some sort of XC for low hour chappies like me? There are probably loads of us out there wanting to do something similar but lack of experience and confidence hinders us.......well especially me.

As an aside i wonder how they got on?

Was in bed looking outside this morning and wondering what it was like and then heard the familiar sound of a 2 stroke buzzing at 8.30am!!!! Then another close behind!!!

After about half an hour a further three pilots flew over my garden...................brilliant!!!!!! Then i thought.........weather must be ok.........................had a an idea to fly but was sure the weather was naff today? Rightly so..................12mph and gusting..........not my idea of flying?

I wonder what is the maximum wind speed one could fly in?

Good luck to the ones out there!

Mike

No mate I did not atempt it, I live under the route and yesterday, (saturday) the wind was very strong, I dont think too many people got up, today was better, I did not see anyone flying over so not sure how they got on.

Dave.

It is worth a mention that although the amazing feeling of covering ground so quickly on a paramotor was quite overwhelming.

The launch actually had me puking up just walking towards the wing!

In a nutshell,

It is not much fun taking off in that sort weather knowing that your about to have to fly 70 miles and gain height all the way.

8mph is not at all bad, in fact maybe perfect! but then, 10 - 13 mph are also good speeds to fly in. The problem exists with the variation in the wind speed and not its speed.

So, if the wind is blowing from 3mph to 13mph, the variation is 10 mph which is quite high and would be unsafe to fly in.

If though the wind is blowing from 10mph to 13 mph with a variation of only 3mph this is fine, and would be great for a nice fast downwind dash, if you have a pickup :D

SW :D