Student diary course #1

edwardc

As well as my Training blog I am going to keep a Diary of the course as I see it from the students point of view.

I am a latecomer to this course so if any of the info is not correct please let me know.

To the best of my knowledge, having only met Dave (COGGIE49), the details of the 'fodder five' are as follows:

Me-Eddie (EDWARDC) 2 flights/ 1 broken prop/1 damaged ankle/1 tip steerer eaten by prop. Own kit of Revo 30 and PAP1250 which I will be taking to France.

Dave (COGGIE49) Done some ground handling/ Has own wing (ex T2T wing) that he is taking.

Tim (TIMM9227) Tried ground handling once/ got own wing and motor that he will be taking.

Ken (TOGSIE) Done 1 flight/got own wing and motor that he is taking.

Niel (WODENS) To the best of my knowledge Neil has never even seen a real Paramotor!

Should be very interesting with the mixed crew that we have.

I will try to update all the info I can (positive and negative) daily from France from 21st March when we arrive.

Looking forward to a great time and hope Norman can arrange some really good weather!.

Eddie

David,

Naaa, you will have a great time.

It is the 'Candidates' job to make sure you do. Now will they come back needing a holiday? That will depend on the real nature of Piers' Evil Twin - he has some really challenging stuff organised and will be driving his guys hard to ensure they satisfy 'Chopper Haxby' at the final hurdle. :lol::lol:

Love them or hate them, they all need to be found....20090312-j6imyw9qg2kmy8n9a4b1jmfaqw.jpg:twisted:

Dave, Glad to see that you returned from Eddies parrallel universe unscathed, how was it?

Really looking forward to our little adventure and meeting everybody, a very big thank you to those involved in getting me and my kit to France.

Can't see anything wrong with having another holiday when we get home , maybe a flying holiday.

Tim

Can you help me?

The 28 ton Man Truck with all my kit in, will be arriving in Alton (hants) on Wednesday (18th) morning from Timbucktoo.

It would be great if someone coming over could pick up my wing, motor, and 2x boxes for me. I know its a big ask, but I wouldent ask if I didnt need it.

I will make sure that it is in a nice pile ready to be collected for when you get there.

Could you spin via Alton?

SW :D

Tim

I left the back door open to Eddies other world on Wednesday morning so I got out OK, the first thing I did though was go and buy some "ear plugs" not that he talks to much, but we saw the pictures on his office wall and sweat shirt, there were several images of men in uniform who appeared to pushing a strange round object around a rectangle of grass with grid markings on it, ''FOOTBALL ALERT'', so to save my sanity i will pack ear plugs, mp3 player and a book, I think if an outbreak of ''FOOTBALL'' talk breaks out I should just about survive it.

8 more sleeps to go :D8):lol:

David

Tim

I left the back door open to Eddies other world on Wednesday morning so I got out OK, the first thing I did though was go and buy some "ear plugs" not that he talks to much, but we saw the pictures on his office wall and sweat shirt, there were several images of men in uniform who appeared to pushing a strange round object around a rectangle of grass with grid markings on it, ''FOOTBALL ALERT'', so to save my sanity i will pack ear plugs, mp3 player and a book, I think if an outbreak of ''FOOTBALL'' talk breaks out I should just about survive it.

8 more sleeps to go :D8):lol:

David

Dave,

Have I not told you yet about my trip to Wembley on Saturday 17th May last year to watch Portsmouth lift the FA Cup, or how my son was wanted by a lot of big football clubs across Europe? Oh, we have got so much to chat about driving to and from Airvault. And then there's my own days as a jobbing non-league footballer...... :lol:

The big spinny-roundy thing goes at the front like on a normal aircraft, doesn't it?

Think I've got a lot to learn....

You are going to love learning so much in a short time :D

Pete b

And if you don't then I want the first flight on You-Tube >:-)

My son has already asked for a video of me being dragged along in an uncoordinated fashion - I think he's got a similar idea....

The big spinny-roundy thing goes at the front like on a normal aircraft, doesn't it?

Think I've got a lot to learn....

You are going to love learning so much in a short time :D

Pete b

And if you don't then I want the first flight on You-Tube >:-)

My son has already asked for a video of me being dragged along in an uncoordinated fashion - I think he's got a similar idea....

Unfortunately you will not get to this stage as we by pass it with correct training so no video :D:wink:

Pete b

Well chaps this is it, day one and our brave boys are heading for France as we read this post, making a spearhead into the continent and taking equipment and supplies to establish a base camp and take up occupation, and plant the flag for our PMC leader, if you can hold on chaps we will bring reinforcments and fresh supplies on the 21st, and by the time we arrive all the reconnissance should be done, all the bars, shops and petrol stations should be logged on the map, and contact made with the local resistance. this field in France may well become forever a "Small part of England". Good luck chaps.

We hope its beter over there.