Sourcing Parajet Macro Prop

rob_e

Hi All,

An unexpected meeting of me and the ground has resulted in a broken twin blade prop on my Parajet Macro (plus a lot of other parts). Does anyone know the best place (economic and reliable) to obtain a wooden replacement? I don't fancy paying for another carbon blade at this stage if I can get cheaper wooden one.

List of damage on Macro:

Blown prop, bent cage, damaged chassis, bent electronics box, bashed helmet (thank god I was wearing it) and torn stabilising straps on harness.

List of damage to me:

few bruises, very swollen thumb, damaged ego and large hole in wallet.

If anyone has any used parts I could be interested.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Ouch. Glad you're ok Rob. Bit curious to know how such a nasty bump was caused, if you have time to write a brief description.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Totally my own fault and inexperience. Flying downwind too low and then trying to accelerate up a slope - insufficient lift - thud!

Hi All,

List of damage on Macro:

Blown prop, bent cage, damaged chassis, bent electronics box, bashed helmet (thank god I was wearing it) and torn stabilising straps on harness.

Rob

Hi Rob

Be more careful they do bit you some times, but you know that now :D

Two blade with a blank hub to drill your own pattern.(used on the Simojet and I have one on my Macro now)

Not sure about the prices now so you would have to contact them

http://www.ultralightprops.com/ppg_prop ... adjust.htm

If the straps you tore are the ones out of the lower back of the harness these can be sewn back in as they are not load bearing

(just did mine)

Can the chassis/cage parts be straightened out??

Pete b

Ouch. Glad you're ok Rob. Bit curious to know how such a nasty bump was caused, if you have time to write a brief description.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Totally my own fault and inexperience. Flying downwind too low and then trying to accelerate up a slope - insufficient lift - thud!

Hi Rob,

As a fellow Parajet owner, it is good to know the machine has taken nearly all the damage, while you walked away. I'm a critic of their crazy lack of netting, but think they have one of the strongest frame/cage combinations, if it all goes wrong...

Having recently made my large frame Compact convertible into a Macro, I've a few ideas for parts. Happy to discuss if it helps. PM me your number if interested.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the info. I have contacted Parajet and they think they can repair the chassis damage and I have almost straightened the cage. It will still have damage to one of the lowers but should be OK for flight.

Torn straps are the lower back ones and hey have just been pulled out of the seam so a little needlework should suffice.

I'm going t strip the unit tomorrow as I will be nearby to Parajet on Thursday and can drop the chassis in for repair. It will also give me a chance to check eveything over for any hidden damage.

Regards

Rob