what type of fuel black devil

srfcrugby

What compression ratio is the BD? Does a high comp ratio justify the use of a higher octane fuel? I remember reading an article by an X-oil distributor who said low compression ratio motors use regular gas best and a high ratio can use - yep, a higher octane gas (which actually retards the spark?).

I use regular in me Solo 210 and high test in the Parajet - 2% TTS works well for this lad, I just multiply 10 liters by 2% and add 200ml to the applicable compression ratio of the day.

Cheers,

Marko D.

Hi Marko,

I was told by the Manufactuer of my ParaMotor, which has a JPX Italia Corsair M25Y Black Devil 172.5cc 2-stroke (wow thats a mouthful) to use Super Unleaded, as it gives a bit more power at the high end. I have been running it that way since new.

This is also now confirmed by the UK importer (ConAir Sports Ltd) and is also in the manual.

Cheers

Mikey

Yes Mike, the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's had high compression ratios like upwards of 10:1 and 11:1 and these too worked better with higher octane fuel. But to use high-test in motors with 8:1 is redundant and possibly counter-productive. Having said that, your motor is of the higher ratio if I remember correctly (she's all going fuzzy with age). The motor manufacturer, like you say, will yield the very bestest advice on octane grade and oil mix - at least that's who I go with.

Power Up

thanks for help and disscussion so far. the manual for my cors air M 25 Y black devil describes the fuel in a number of ways as:

premium petrol 98 octane

97 octane gasoline

4 star (super) fuel

my question is this;

is this just American for normal unleaded petrol

their are two choices at my petrol station unleaded and super unleaded

which should i choose? Also, if either is ok, is there an advantage for using the more expensive super unleaded and what would that be?

thanks for help

Andy