Frame repair. Any recommendations?

nirmal

I stupidly attempted one last flight in the evening when I was completely exhausted and ended up getting dragged. My paramotor's (PAP top80) cage suffered a slight dent to the outer ring. It is purely a cosmetic problem, with prop clearance being perfectly adequate, but it irks me just looking at it. Does anyone know someone in the region with experience / expertise in straightening out bent cages?

Edited by Guest

No idea I'm afraid. Probably get more feedback if you post in the main 'paramotors' section, or similar.

I recently bought my PAP Top 80 from Andy, the new owner of the PAP dealer skydragons. Very helpful chap, give him a buzz - I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Where abouts are you Nirmal?

Edited by Guest

I live in Chester, Arcusflyer. I've done most of my flying in Abergavenny, where my instructor is based. I went there on friday to get some of my pilot tasks signed off. It was quite a good day's flying. I flew in stronger conditions than I have ever done before and was able to thermal upto 2500 feet with the engine idling. I managed to complete about two thirds of the required tasks. Another two good days will probably get me the pilot rating but I am still fairly new in terms of overall experience. I got away with a bad emergency landing on a slope when I had an accidental engine cut out. The dent to the cage during an aborted takeoff at the end of the day was the only fly in the ointment.

Thanks for the info Meds. I was dreading the thought of having to do it myself.