left or right handed throttle

morgy

I am wondering what one to choose when i get a motor. I am left handed but i do most things with my right hand all except write. so to me it would seem better to buy a right hand throttle but what happens when you want to take photos all cameras are right handed. well the button is on the right side! Also would it be better if your best hand was free to adjust anything GPS,VARIO,ETC.

Is it just a case of specing the right handed throttle and then if i dont like it i can just move it to the other side?? is it that simple?? Is it better to go with what most people use. IE for resale??

Any thoughs would be great!!! :lol:

As i am very close to placing an order :lol:

thanks

morgy

I learn't on an Adventure machine, so i've been used to left hand throttle since i started paramotoring.... My 2 subsequent H&E machines were ordered with left hand also.

One good argument for left hand throttle is....it leaves the right hand free for other tasks... personally i'm right handed, and using my GPS, camera, etc... is much easier with my free hand. Also- have you ever seen a camcorder designed for left hand use?

GD

I'm the same as Gordon. I fly Adventure with a left hand throttle and am right handed. It's what I started on and I took to it instinctively. having your right hand free works for me, if for no other reason than I have my reserve on the right. Even with a front mounted reserve, I like the idea of my dominant hand being free for deployment.

Probably stating the obvious, but l fly with throttle in right hand and am right handed. It feels comfortable and natural, once in the air (strait and level flight) l put the cruise control on (knurled nut) and if needed place it in my mouth when l am taking pics, putting gloves on having lunch etc.

Mike

I'm left handed so the opposite is true for me. I have the gas in my right hand... but I started paramotoring with it in my left hand due to the machine being a school paramotor anf flew like that for a while. So i'd say it's best having the throttle in your non dominant hand leaving better dexterity for camera\fliming

Jeff

Having been paragliding the past few days and i have come to the conclusion that as i use the (cobra) launch and i have both the A's in my right hand i will get a motor with a left hand throttle. This in my mind will leave my rigth hand less cluttered with line's/throttle etc and will leave my free to use my camera as and when i wish when flying.

Thanks for the input guy's :lol: