Flights (Airline to France)

togsie

All,

I've just made a quick search for flights to Poitiers; to fly out on the 21st and return on the 28th the only option seems to be a flight from Heathrow with a change at Paris. Cost about £150.

If we could jiggle things around and go out a day early (Friday) and return a day later (Sunday) there's a flight with Ryanair from Stanstead. Cost with taxes is about £36, even with the usual Ryanair extras it still looks like a good deal.

Thoughts anyone.

Regards.

Togsie.

Hi Togsie.

If I get a place i'm thinking of driving down on Friday night and Saturday morning, if you fancy sharing the cost and the driving, give me a PM, we could get all the kit we need in my Astra van and take other peoples stuff if need be, if you are taking your own wing then it will cost you quite a bit on a commercial airline in excess bagage charge.

David

Hi all,

Got myself booked on the absolute beginners course in France . Flight from Stanstead does look like a good deal ,shall have to look into it, also not a bad idea to arrive early and get used to the local wine.

Got no kit as such , just my overnight bag so will be travelling light.

I'm in Northampton so if anybody else fancies this route and is on the way just get in touch and maybe we could arrange something.

Regards

Tim

David / Tim,

I hope to speak to Piers sometime soon to discuss the options for getting out to France. I spoke to Pete B yesterday and he seemed to think that transport for the instructors was sorted, both he and Piers are driving over. Pete did say that there would be room in his van if anyone had any kit that they need transporting (I hope that I got that right Pete).

My own preference would be to get a cheap flight out to France, but then again sharing a lift and enjoying the views on the way to Poitiers has it's attractions too.

The way the Ryan air pricing works we'll need to book up fairly soon to get the best price.

I'll get in touch with you guys once I've spoken to Piers and have a better idea of how the land lies.

Regards.

Togsie

All,

I'm waiting to hear back from Catherine Campbell-Jones (the lady that manages the accommodation that we're using in France) to see what the options are for extending our stay so that we can make use of the cheap Ryanair flights.

Regards.

Togsie.

You just cant be happy can you , you always want more. :D:D

Pete b

Bon jour my flying chums.

Spent quite a bit of time this afternoon looking for flights to Poitiers for the 21 March, but they are as rare as rocking horse s**t.

I fly back in to Luton at 14.00 on the 20th, that meens I can't get the Ryanair flight from Stanstead, so it looks like the ferry and drive down for me on Saturday, anybody fancy keeping me company, I plan on catching the 8.30 from Dover and getting to Airvault late afternoon.

I will return on the 28th, leaving after breakfast and catching a ferry about 18.00ish, the cost is about £250 and that includes the ferry and fual for the car, the £230 will be split by the number in the car.

If you fancy making up numbers in the car, PM me and leave a contact number ( landline please )

It's going to be great, 560 miles and nothing to talk about but flying. :D8)

I live in Northamptonshire.

David.

Good news guys,

I've heard back from Catherine, the lady that manages the accommodation in France, and she has said that, for a nominal fee, it's possible to extend our stay in order to take advantage of the cheap flights AND she will arrange for a pick up and drop off at Poitiers for just the cost of the petrol.

The flight details are as follows:

Stanstead to Poitiers - Friday 20th March - FR8474 - Departs 1050 hrs - Arrives 1320 hrs

Poitiers to Stanstead - Sunday 29th March - FR8475 - Departs 1755 hrs - Arrives 1820 hrs*

* Revised by Ryanair now Departs 1020 hrs - Arrives 1045 hrs

Is anyone else thinking of flying out?

Regards Togsie.

Edited by Guest

Guys,

I've just received an email from Ryanair informing me of a change to their schedule, the change relates to the return flight from Poitiers which will now be departing at 1020 hrs (1755 hrs previously).

Less hanging around on the Sunday so good news me thinks.

Regards.

Togsie.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I may have got a vacant slot on this trip so is there anyone driving and wants to share as I have kit to take?

I will be needing to get there on the 21st March along with all the other 'students' but need to be back on the 28th at a reasonable time!.

If anybody can help please let me know as it is getting close now.

Regards

Eddie