Dudec synthesis 34

alan

I dont think there is a direct corellation either, with all due respect, I already overload a little, and have found really good resistance to collapses and greater feedback through the brakes when it's rough, to help with the active flying bit. As it happens I think the 23 Fusion would be a bit small and the 29 maybe a bit big, so it might be a test fly on a 26 one day at a fly in somewhere, probably after a fly under a 29 first

That echoes what my main flying buddy found here, with his revo. The wing lagged back when he powered up on zero trim. I could see it clearly and went over to adjust it for him. End of problem. I flew a Revo 30 too and T O speed was similar to my 26 Atis. Trims out speed was similar too but the Atis is s**t loads of fun (for me with more thrust than a boy should have.) I think the Revo would wear better though. It's certainly built for motoring. Thin lines on the Atis. Dont know much about the Synth and not really into big wings but that Fusion sounds versatile. Be interesting to load one up

Hi Dave.

I flew the Fusion last weekend. It was only a 30 min or so flight and in moderately lively conditions so can't make any detailed comments.

It was the 29 and I weigh in at probably 110kg in flight mode + my Fresh Breeze Sportix which is probably near the total weight of 150kg ish wing states 80 to 160 http://flyparamania.com/index.php?optio ... 72〈=en

My findings:

Take off: I have a very fixed forward launch take of regeme that works for me on my previous wings (Action Revolution) and it worked well on the Fusion. The riser resistance was light and the wing popped above quickly and level with just a slight assistance from the motor. The run was shorter than I expected and I was lifted off my feet quickly. At first I thought it was a slight gust and expected to come back down again but it wasn't a gust, it just kept climbing.

Handling: This was where I really noticed the difference. It was really responsive to input and turned very nicely. I was a bit anxious at first because I had just adjusted the break line length in the field to fit lower hang points and the markings on the line weren't clear. Also Simon W had warned and warned about the responsiveness. After some gentle circling both left and right I felt comfortable enough to try some tighter turns at height. The wing is both responsive and predictable. very nice to fly.

There were some large thermals arround and the wing gave very good feedback to the surrounding air movements. Perhaps too much feedback making it feel quiet rough at times. I found this a little un-nerving and imagine it will take a fair bit to get used to. If you don't like bumpy conditions it may take a bit to get used to. I need more time on it to make my mind up.

I flew a few miles up wind of take off at fast trim. It appears slightly quicker than my Revolution but needs more active flying input for straight line flight in the lively conditions when compared to my Revo.

Looking up at the wing it looks smaller than I expected and sits further behind you. Not sure what that means but that was my observation.

I did a fair bit of circling / thermaling on tickover and it turns and thermals really well, better than any PPG wing I have flown before. Its seems to be more efficient retaining the energy in turns more like free flying wing.

Landing: I did a low pass early in the flight but didn't want to slow the wing down too much in case I got dropped (midday large cummulus). Also on the landing (first landing on different wing) I kept the speed up on approach and ran the speed off rather than slowing to a stop. It was light variable wind speed and I stopped in just a few paces. I am unsure on how slow the wing can fly on just this single flight.

General Very impressed with the handling and want to try it more. I can definately see why they recommend 50 hours experience, ie responsive to input and surrounding air movements. I think the tree hugging Free flyers will love its thermalling characteristics. Not sure if it is the wing for long XC's though but will have to try one and find out. Simon may let me borrow it for one of my epic flights. I have got a 20 ltr tank to fit on my FB now so after the NATS maybe!!

Hope you found this interesting / usefull.

Whitters.

Certainly did Rich. Sounds good. I want a responsive wing with a good glide ratio, like my Atis, but I am beginning to look for speed now, as I'm hardly using half of my available power. Me and you are roughly the same weight so keep me informed please.

BTW. Cousin Rob has all but landed a superb venue for a fly in. Details on pilot numbers TBA but the landowner wants to learn to fly so tis fairly imminent. Wouldn,t get lost if your nav's no good. It's a landmark, visible for 15 miles or so. If we pull it off I'm hoping a demo Fusion might show up (hint )

Dave

• 4 months later...
Can anyone tell me the price for a new Dudec synthesis 34 ???

In AUD$ or USD$ would be nice.

Hi Madog - harder to find than I thought...

Oops sorry, just read the small print - this is a 2007 price :oops:

Dudek Synthesis 24 = €2,800

Dudek Synthesis Pricing

At current exchange rates that is:

AUD$4,546

US$4,175

Wow - hadn't realised the AUD$ had strengthened so much !

Andy

The Dudek Synthesis Pricing link is a great page, someone has put a lot of time into building it !

Although €2,800 is obviously Retail as I was quoted a tad under AUD$3'800.00 & thought that was expensive.

I just wanted to thank you for your time.