Dudec synthesis 34

alan

Hello chaps,

I fly the above wing and would like some advice on the trim settings i have made 5 flights so far all with the trims on takeoff settings.

I would like to know what other flyers trim their wings to during normal flight as i am planning to fly longer distances soon rather than circuiting, also do you take the trim settings back to 0 to land many thanks Alan

Hi Alan, personally l take off with trims at take off settings then when comfortable and at a safe height l let the trims right out and into full reflex mode. The whole wing then is more stable. If you like me have WTS, l normally fly with these. On landing its the reverse procedure and land with hands on brake lines as normal.

Mike

Hi Alan,

I also have a Synth 34. I'm no expert as I have only started flying before Christmas. However, I always take off with the trimmers at 0. Once I get to my cruising height, I open the trimmers out. Normally to the 14-15 setting. I always set them back to zero on landings.

I also get some torque steer, which rightly or wrongly I correct with the trimmers. In most cases my right trimmer is set to 15 and the left is at 10. (Can anyone advise on this? I fly a Bailey 175)

On take offs, I also find I have to apply a small amount of brake to unstick off the ground and then slowly release the brakes as I climb.

I haven't flown with the speed bar yet.

I hope this helps.

Chris

• 4 months later...

Just so you are clear about this....

The reason you did not take off during your attempts was because your motor was not reving up past about a 1/3 rd throttle and you were not running fast enough over the ground as a result dude.

Tweek your motor and all will be good (as it was before)

Failing that Clive Bunce is your man for the Dudek stuff.

SW :D

Just so you are clear about this....

The reason you did not take off during your attempts was because your motor was not reving up past about a 1/3 rd throttle and you were not running fast enough over the ground as a result dude.

Tweek your motor and all will be good (as it was before)

Failing that Clive Bunce is your man for the Dudek stuff.

Hi Si

thanks for that, I have put my tiny tach on and not changed the settings so when I have a prop - can you sell me one pls :lol: I will check its power.

my theory is why not make this area of flying easy if you can - I agree more power or more canvas = more easy takeoff.

hope to see you up the hill soon, Colin put me in touch with an Ali welder in Stanton, I just need a prop

baaa

I will order a prop for you today.

Lets get pete's head around your carb before you spend ££££'s

If I thought for a second that a 34 synth would solve your problems I would say it. I just think that with your motor not reving past 1/3 power you will have the same problem on whatever wing you are flying.

It will be a simple fix I am sure.

It is of course likely that this is the case,

The extra 4 meters has to do something right?

BUT

I was watching Simons attempts at launching and he was running at little more than a fast walking pace with next to nil power input. (at a guess about a 1/3rd)

I am just trying to save him some money, as I have seen him launch with full power, a few times now with ease on the Revo, so I know he can do it.

The synthesis is a lovely easy wing to launch but the 34 is slightly harder as there is so much area to pull up. Try launching with the trim set to about 3 units fast and it will launch even easier (even in no wind conditions).

The synthesis is a lovely easy wing to launch but the 34 is slightly harder as there is so much area to pull up. Try launching with the trim set to about 3 units fast and it will launch even easier (even in no wind conditions).

thats interesting,

il bear it in mind.

cheers

That echoes what my main flying buddy found here, with his revo. The wing lagged back when he powered up on zero trim. I could see it clearly and went over to adjust it for him. End of problem. I flew a Revo 30 too and T O speed was similar to my 26 Atis. Trims out speed was similar too but the Atis is s**t loads of fun (for me with more thrust than a boy should have.) I think the Revo would wear better though. It's certainly built for motoring. Thin lines on the Atis. Dont know much about the Synth and not really into big wings but that Fusion sounds versatile. Be interesting to load one up

I would place my order for a 20 Fusion. (if it ever existed)

And sell my 23 to pay for a chunk of it!

The 23 takes off and lands SO VERY SLOW on slow trim I would be happy to try a 20.

Edited by Guest

110kg

10kg inside of its max range. on the 23 Fusion.

Before that was a 26 Revo (which was faster for take off and landing than the 23 Fusion)

Before that was the Synth 29 which was about the same as the Revo

And my next wing as I say will be a 20, which I expect to be a nats hair slower on slow than a Revo.

My point is, I will have lost 9 square meters and still have a slower take off than when I was on a 29.

Its not just the size that needs to be considered.... It's also the profile.

Having watched Simon's take off attempt from a side view I'd say that if he'd kept running another mile or if the ground had simply opened up below he would not have taken off, just was nowhere near fast enough and the engine was nowhere near noisy enough!

So the Fusion 23 is max 120 kg placard weight for pg or with motor AUW Simon. ?

Dave

PPG Weight Range

Fusion Size (m2)

23 = 60 - 120

26 = 70 - 140

29 = 80 - 160

Pete b

Hmmm, don't get to carried away with these numbers, they do not mean it behaves the same top and bottom of the range.

Please, please, please us common sense, and IMHO what has been 'proven' in the real world, in all conditions, on each wing sections v loading. This can take years.

Accidents are usually a combination of circumstances that multiply then bite. I'm not saying don't fly small or highly loaded wings, but please consider it with an open mind. Two very experienced people flying 'small' wings have had fatal accidents.

Cheers

Paul