makro 3 Bladed propellor

alan

I have just noticed that my carbon fibre propellor is showing signs of wear the sheets have started to open and part if i do have to replace this can anyone tell me the benefits of a 3 blade over a 2 blade and if anyone can recomend a repairer of this item or know the cost of a replcement.

Many thanks Alan.

PS The propellor is on a Parajet Makro machine.

I have just noticed that my carbon fibre propellor is showing signs of wear the sheets have started to open and part if i do have to replace this can anyone tell me the benefits of a 3 blade over a 2 blade and if anyone can recomend a repairer of this item or know the cost of a replcement.

Many thanks Alan.

PS The propellor is on a Parajet Makro machine.

Alan,

I think the 3 and 2 blade Macro have different 'gearing'. I'm making my Parajet work as a Macro or a Compact and was told my existing 3x99 Compact and the 2x 130cm Macro can use the same hub and belt. The 3 x 130cm prop would need a different (bigger) hub and belt

If no advice on here, try the Yahoo or Lemming forum for James or Keith for prop repairs.

Out of interest, what side is your reserve and throttle as I want to move one of these so they are in different hands.

Cheers

Paul

My parajet is already on a 3 blade so if the gearing is different i would stay on the 3 blade but wondered what the difference is ,one of my flying colleagues also has a parajet makro on a 2 blade wooden propellor.

Do you you know the advantages of the 3 blade over the 2 blade propellor, my throttle is on the right hand side my reserve is a cockpitt container one.

As i am new to the sport i have been flying on a circuit at a local airfield as they were kind enough to accept us into there club and set up a seperate paramotor circuit for us and now i would like to start flying longer flights just waiting for some better weaather the last flight i did was the begining of January, many thanks Alan.

My parajet ....throttle is on the right hand side my reserve is a cockpitt container one.

Sorry, I meant the left or right hand that you would throw the reserve with?

Mine is also cockpit mounted and via the velco tube on the RH side conncets to the top of the harness. This means (I think) that to improve the chances of it opening cleanly, I should use my right hand to throw it out to the RH side. Throwing it left could catch the swinging arms or parts of me.

So my right hand has to either drop the throttle or hold it and risk it catching with the reserve handle, this feels wrong. I want to either change to a LH throttle or LH reserve route so they are 'operated' by different hands.

I wondered what other Parajet people have done?

Cheers

Paul

I mounted my reserve on the left swing arm,this got rid of the little bit of torque steer on full revs but did not have any effect when power was off.

The bridal was held in place with loops of double sided Velcro.

The other good thing was that it did not have to be connected and disconnected when getting into or out of the harness.

Pete b

the velcro straps came seperate cant remember which piece o f equipment they came with, the reserve came in a container which i did not use as i wanted a cockpit type container, also i did not realise at the time you needed the maillons so had to order them also but got there in the end.