Picture competition 2008

Struggling to upload, I am getting the following message - what am I doing wrong?

Alan B

You are just too new to the forum is all.

Simon posted elsewhere that the forum limits posts to avoid spammers. Ten posts in you don't get this error (or something like that).

Your image is:

[img=http://lh5.ggpht.com/_wzFop5-Nt38/SbLnsAKaWwI/AAAAAAAAFgM/L68fsp-o2H8/3d-Freedom.jpg]

The url you pasted in the img tag was the page wrapper as well - probably why it wasn't displayed.

Try right clicking the image you want to display here and "copy image location", then use the img tag here.

I'd pm this to keep the thread clean, if I didn't think someone else might benefit from the tip.

Guys,

thanks for the excellent photos although the quality did make it harder to decide a winner - they are all very good.

The three best are listed below in reverse order, Woody see me at the next fly in or whenever to receive your liquid prize.

Don't forget to keep snapping as we will have another comp at the end of the year for your best 2009 pics.

In third spot is Phil_p - superb picture, you can just imagine being there.

IMAGE_069a.jpg

2nd is irm750 with a very very nice photo.

AirtoAirSmall.jpg

Winner is woody with his lovely late submission, nice clear photo, perfect time of day, contrails above and a sunset all in one - we thought it really captured the essence of the sport so well done mate.

pict0015es0.jpg

I am so chuffed getting third. I like to think of myself as a bit of a snapper, but as yet, I've not had the bottle to take my 'good' cameras into the air yet, so that one was taken on my phone.

Really was just a case of the right place at the right time, next time I'll have to get a paramotor in shot too :-)

And to top it off, I had a great flight today, with a good t/o and landing, albeit a bit short of goal, but I've a really good excuse for that. The result of that though was I met a lovely lady with a beautiful house who gave me a lift back to my field!

I am dead happy with coming second!

Credit should really go to my instructor Andy who took the the photo. All I did was sit there, then choose to post it on here!!!

Congrats to Woody and Phil_P, and thanks to Dan for setting this competition up (and for your great decision making! :D )

Best regards,

Ian.