Paramotor Help! Alternative to FLAT TOP.

ifty

Hi Guys,

I had my heart set on the FLAT TOP, however, the exchange rate is destroying that dream. I need to start thinking of an alternative

and have been looking at a few available in the market. I am around 90KG and stand at 5ft 9in. What brand of paramotor would you guys recommend

and Why?.

The choices are : PAP, Bailey (4 stroke), Walkerjet or the Parajet.

I am new to this forum and so would appreciate your suggestions.

PEACE :lol: .

• 2 weeks later...
Why on earth would anyone wont a Flattop? We have the very best of everything right here in Europe! This is one sport where Europe leads the way. Motors and wings mostly come from Europe.

All the rest is marketing. don't fall for it!

dave

Dont worry too much Dave C. I dont think too many people will be "falling for IT" at 5 grand a pop. I "FELL for it" 8 months ago and have to say I love it's superb european power plant. That the rest comes from the States and is strongly marketed, worries me not. It's a joy to fly and very reliable and safe. Pilot protection is second to none. Pay for a good motor and spend less later.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Mikey

Bit late 5 weeks on but looking back through, this thread could've got quite interesting. I can see you are discerning and wondered how exactly you came up with your opinion. People have different ways of choosing a product, with many factors needing consideration. Some complicate their choices with high levels of emmotion. Others keep it rational. I imagined my mum wanted to take up PPG and I had to pick a machine for her. That narrowed it down a bit. Then I took the remaining finalists (2) and made choices based on power and economy, reliability and even cost to a degree but that was a combo of initial purchase and likely running cost after purchase. Strangely enough, the dearer one can be alot cheaper in the long run.

Dave

Not sure if Ads are permitted on here (I apologise if not) but we have an ex demo Bailey175 1.3 alloy for sale at £3850.00 (£1000 off list price) immaculate condition with zero houred engine.

Being sold to make way for the V3-180 demo machine.

Regards

Paul Bailey

There is a bargain Parajet Macro on ebay at the moment >>CLICKY LINK<< starting bid £2,895.00

Happy with ads for stuff like this, when linked to a thread like this :D

(You may also like to bung it in the classified ads section as well. (google likes it)

Maybe a banner advert would work for you Paul?

PM if interested ;-)

SW :D

well i may as well have a say for what its worth, ive not been involved in flyin too long but ive spent a lot of time learing about the best and worst paramotors and if i didnt have a paramotor i would but the flat top to me it is by far the safest strongest and most powerfull machine out there,

there ya go my bit done

Not sure if Ads are permitted on here (I apologise if not) but we have an ex demo Bailey175 1.3 alloy for sale at £3850.00 (£1000 off list price) immaculate condition with zero houred engine.

Being sold to make way for the V3-180 demo machine.

Regards

Paul Bailey

Hurry up with the V3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll::lol: