Jump to content

Personal Accident Insurance


Recommended Posts

Hello All

I bought personal accident insurance today and thought it might be of interest to some others on here.

I am self employed and my work can be quite physical. The possibility of hurting myself while working or flying and not being able to earn has been a niggle in the back of my mind for a while. I was on a job today when I was approached by a sales guy and sold this accident cover. Don't normally do impulse buying of this kind of thing but it was an easy decision (especially with FSA 30 day cool off meaning that I could cancel if I thought I had been conned)

The cover includes -

Up to £100 a day paid for each overnight stay spent in hospital as an in-patient as a result of any accident up to a maximum of 1,000 days.

Up to £100 per day, (5 days minimum) for convalescence from an accident resulting in hospitalisation

Lump sum of £500 for fracture of any bone in your body except finger, thumb, toe, ribs, teeth or nose – whether you are hospitalised or not.

Lump sum of £10,000 for loss of life

25% cashback of all premiums (excluding Insurance tax) that you have paid every 10 years - no matter how much you’ve claimed

Details are here - http://www.combinedinsurance.co.uk/Cashback_Accident_Plan.html

This cover costs £12.60 per month (rationalised this as less than the petplan premium for my dog!)

They know that I work with hazardous waste and that I paramotor. None of this makes any difference to the premium or cover. They even insure a local motorcrosser on this policy!

The sales guy, Martin Issac was very professional and informative. To save him being spammed, if you would like to contact him then please PM me for his number.

I have no vested interest in this and am posting purely because I think that it may be of interest to others.

What do you think? Has anyone else got anything similar or better?

Best regards,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ian,

It is very intetresting, thank you for posting the details. What is particularly exciting is that we have moved from an insurance market whare there were few if any products for paramotoring to one where there are now several starting to emerge. I guess the trick is to find a company where the cover you think you have is the cover that you actually have when the SHTF.

If your policy is one of those then this is good news indeed and reasonably priced at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been looking into an insurance called "lifestyle insurance"

"Lifestyle Protection, is an affordable way to help protect your income should you be unable to work due to accident, sickness or unemployment. Plus it also gives you life cover of 12 times your monthly cover amount on death"

"Lifestyle Protection pays a monthly amount which could cover all types of bills or household expenses, such as council tax, gas and electricity, as well as any credit card repayments and your rent or mortgage repayments"

I had a quote to cover my mortgage and bills and it came to just over £1 a day, I am seriously temped by this as I work in manufacturing and if this recession keeps biting I could see myself redundant in the near future :cry::cry: Also it's underwriten by AXA Sunlife.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/j ... d=26000661

I am unsure if an accident involving paramotoring would be covered but could well be worth looking into.

Tom :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...