Counting down the days (In Surrey)

Sure is Dan. Pilots either park up in Park Lane or there is a lay by on the A30 but you have to climb a small fence. The field South of the A30 l believe the Basingstoke Council has banned us from using. That was in force a few years ago but not sure of the latest laws. Hope that helps a bit Dan

Getting a bit stale meself. l'm sure it will all come back to me. Seems a blxxxy long time though. Have you got loan of kit yet or has insurance paid up?

RUSH ON THE SPRING and flyable kit eh!!!!

It will be at least the middle of feb if not march before I will hear, doesnt look good for other kit that went Reserve ect just bare motor and wing if that.

I have had many offers of kit to use, not taken anyone up on their offers yet though (due to work and weather)

Pete b

Hi Steve, i'll be coming out to join you at Skyschool on the 5th April to finish my course off with Alex.

I did a week last September and have been dying to get back and finish.

Regarding airport transfers, drop Alex a line and he'll arrange for Kester to collect you. Its cheaper than hiring a car.

I'm driving over this time as I have my own wing and motor. Its a pity we're not starting the same day or we could have traveled together.

Well only 61 days for me to wait.....

Phil :D

52 days for me now! woohoo!

It'll be good to meet you out there Phil. I've heard nothin' but good things about the place....and definitely looking forward to it being warmer!!!

Hmmmmmm warm sunshine...anyone remember what that feels like? :roll:

Getting a bit stale meself. l'm sure it will all come back to me. Seems a blxxxy long time though. Have you got loan of kit yet or has insurance paid up?

Dan, Blacklands is waterlogged and so a no go. but Kay and Paul inform me that the common is flyable as it is on higher ground but watch the power lines. This is the field north of the A30 a few yards East of Blackdam roundabout.

RUSH ON THE SPRING and flyable kit eh!!!!

See what you mean about power lines, took the kids for a walk up there today - nice big site though and easy access on foot from the road. Great pub about 1 mile down the road too ;)

Hi Dan, l take it you didn't fly it. I havn't yet but seen it being used by other pilots. got my motor back the other day and run the engine today (it sounds good) can't wait to get up there again.

Hi Dave, thanks for your PM reply, see how things go.

Regards Mike :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All I can say is...Awesome.

What a great two weeks away in Ordiz, Spain with Skyschool.

Alex, Kester, Rob and Deano are great guys and although the weather was against us for a few days, I had an awesome time and clocked up 4 and a half hours of flying.

It's been brilliant and I can't wait until July when I can afford the motor.

So thanks Skyschool...and the rest of you here in the UK will be seeing me soon.

It's going to be a good summer! :)

• 1 year later...

Searching for the nearest place to fly from SW London. Getting out to the M4 and then to the take off sites I used before I moved to London is ok, but I did a search and found this thread and saw people talking about Basingstoke Common, north-west of the Black Dam roundabout. It is a fair bit closer to me.

The post is quite old, can anyone confirm if it is still ok to take off and land from here? I might try it tomorrow morning (Sat 2nd Oct) but don't want to wreck it for any local flyers by breaking any locally arrangements or rules.

Mmmmm... Just looked at my airmap and you would have to be very generous to say that the common is not just inside the circle of the RAF Odiham MATZ. Even if you were pushing it your flightpath out would be a bit dodgy as in most directions you would be in the stub of the MATZ and that's a bit of low altitude to be going over built up area. So cancel my last message, probably not going there tomorrow. Does anyone know any good sites near there though?

Good point about weekend flying on the edge of that MATZ. Anyway, it is Chinooks that fly from Odiham and they are massive - you can't miss 'em! I guess that I could always ring up their flight ops to confirm how busy it is. I will have to check out the site as it is also pretty easy to get to.

All I can say is...Awesome.

What a great two weeks away in Ordiz, Spain with Skyschool.

Alex, Kester, Rob and Deano are great guys and although the weather was against us for a few days, I had an awesome time and clocked up 4 and a half hours of flying.

It's been brilliant and I can't wait until July when I can afford the motor.

So thanks Skyschool...and the rest of you here in the UK will be seeing me soon.

It's going to be a good summer! :)

Sounds great Steve!!!........

I'm just hoping for good weather on the upcoming PMC Spain trip in two weeks time...

Looking forward to getting plenty of airtime. And hopefully under the expert eye of Simon, Pete, and Colin, I can at long last finish my training....

Here's hoping!!!....

Neil.. :D:dive:

Just for the record...that was a post of mine over a year and a half ago! :)

Now, I'm a PMC instructor. Amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! :)

Steve Haze

PMC Qualified Flying Instructor

http://www.learntoparamotor.com

Yes, I did realise the date of the post.....

That's got nothing to do with it... I was only making reference to the more ideal flying conditions, and hopefull completion of my training....... :D

Neil.. :D