STOLEN KIT STOLEN KIT

pete_b

The wing is likely to dissapear as the second hand market is full of them at the moment. But the motor will not be so easy to sell on.

Focus on the positive thought mate, you can get your fusion when the insurance pay out :D .

Soz to hear your poo news though mate, borrow my kit until your sorted.

SW :-(

Colour of wing, size,

Dudek Reaction Gobi (blue n Orange) 27 Speed bar lines are one pull down over the top pully I changed them.Still trying to find the serial No

Picture of Simojet Best I can do

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/eaglegenie/Simojet

Reserve *Gin one ?

Simonini in a parajet Macro cage, 10 litre tank, power outlet lower left

side looking from the front, home made throttle red stop button on the

top starter button taped on to cable just under handle

Silver

The police think it was probably the same ones that broke in to a

caravan down the road (not that helps much)

Pete

sorry to hear that Pete, was it only the paramotor gear they took? was anything valuable nearby left? if so you may have been targeted by someone knowing you would be at the christmas doo, will definately keep my eyes open on other forums in case it reappears, the problem now is some unfortunate newbie may buy it in good faith

Certainly we'll all keep an eye out on eBay and such obvious places., or if anyone turns up looking for training with 'new' kit and no idea what it is..... It's a small world, an even smaller PPG community- so someones bound to spot something. I'll circulate the info on the Ireland PPG forum incase it surfaces over here.

Thanks to all, makes you proud to be part of the PPG community when You get posts back like this.

Pete b

No worries Pete, I know what its like, I once had a van stolen, inside was my race quad, al my tools all my race clothing and spares, the van was found cleared out about 4 days later, parked right next to a travelers site, the insurance covered the van but not what was in it, I got payed out for the van £1000 but the stuff in the back was worth around £5000.

Pete,

what an absolute bummer, it must have been a gut wrenching experience - a good night out and then home to find your kits been nicked. Here's hoping that the insurance company comes up trumps.

I'm guessing it was a bunch of opportunistic toe rags who probably don't even know what it is they've nicked.

If all else fails would it be worth offering a reward for the return of your "Lost" kit, you never know it might tempt someone out from under their stone. If you decide that you want to give it a go I'd happily donate £50 to the cause.

Don't let it spoil your Christmas.

Regards.

Togsie.

My first thought when you called this morning was.. ' someone who knew you were not in '

I do hope not! but as a precaution events like this will be planned offline, or via the online shop as a ticket or something. (no public list)

Chin up Pete dude....

Fingers Xed on the insurance payout.. I am sure it will be fine.

You mention the putting the *an*ers through the prop... and a number of questions popped up,

do you push them in from the front or back?

2 blade or 3 blade?

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

do they get pushed in at the tips or the main plain surcace?

:lol::lol:

SW :D

Pete,

what an absolute bummer, it must have been a gut wrenching experience - a good night out and then home to find your kits been nicked. Here's hoping that the insurance company comes up trumps.

I'm guessing it was a bunch of opportunistic toe rags who probably don't even know what it is they've nicked.

If all else fails would it be worth offering a reward for the return of your "Lost" kit, you never know it might tempt someone out from under their stone. If you decide that you want to give it a go I'd happily donate £50 to the cause.

Don't let it spoil your Christmas.

Regards.

Togsie.

Il look in to offering a reward a bit more, dont want a load of nutters phoning just to find what they have to look for to get the reward.

Pete b

PS thanks for the offer.

My first thought when you called this morning was.. ' someone who knew you were not in '

I do hope not! but as a precaution events like this will be planned offline, or via the online shop as a ticket or something. (no public list)

Chin up Pete dude....

Fingers Xed on the insurance payout.. I am sure it will be fine.

You mention the putting the *an*ers through the prop... and a number of questions popped up,

do you push them in from the front or back?

2 blade or 3 blade?

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

do they get pushed in at the tips or the main plain surcace?

:lol::lol:

SW :D

In from the back so there is nothing to stop them

two blade as this would take slightly longer than a three blade but may require a bit more torque from the engine.

May have to go for a four stroke to get the extra torque

about half way down as this would cut and pulverise rather than just cutting which is what the tips would do.

Now dont get me started on this mind, when I was a boy you didnt get things like this you used to get a size 12 up your as-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete b :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Rotten, thieving, scumbag *rs*holes.

If they are on this website then shame on them, and they had better know that they will be tracked down by this small, tight knit community and then dealt with in any way that Pete sees fit (i agree with 4 stroke but only due to the additional duration meaning extended time to poke various parts of their anatomy into the prop!). Can't see how they could hope to sell the motor as it is so distinctive, so also best to be on the lookout for the parts advertised individually.

If they are not on here then I hope that they search online and discover what the kit can do, then give it a try!!!! Local pilots should keep a look out for a big red stain on the landscape.

Keep your chin up mate and I hope your claim is successful. Anything I can do, just ask.

Best regards,

Ian.

Complete bastards, I just hate that when you work your arse off to do something you enjoy and then some lousy git just walks in a takes it!

I'll keep my eyes open and tell some other folks who don't look at the forums. One would hope that some poor innocent chap will buy it and then start posting here or elsewhere for some advice, as yours is not standard Pete then hopefully it will be easier to spot!

Again Pete, I'm unlikely to fly again until the spring (might have one attempt on Christmas Eve though just to show my foreign visitor) so if you want to borrow my pap then just ask mate and its yours!

Cheers

Malc

PS: I can prove I was in London at the time your honour!

Well, there was an instance a couple of years ago in the scuba community (which has a similar, small closed ish community), where a distinctive cylinder was stolen at Stoney Cove. The item was publicised over the whole country via the internet, making it impossible to use or sell, and it was stated that it could be returned 'no questions asked'. Turned up about a fortnight later, handed in at a shop. If we can get that same level of coverage, dealers, instructors, clubs, forums etc. then who knows. Even if it gets sold on from a scrote who doesn't know what he's got, to a genuine flyer, it WILL be spotted, identified and reported if we saturate.

Fingers crossed, and castrate the thieving f**kers!

Thanks Malc/ Dave and all

It has amazed me how many people have offered their equipment for me to use (and I thought that I was a rough old Ba***erd that you all put up with) Just goes to show how generous and sympathetic to other peoples needs and feelings you all are.

I have the kit insured so just waiting to hear from the insurance company (On risk underwriters). and hopefully will be out and about soon.

Still will not make up for the first motor you create yourself with blood sweat and tears though.

Ones again thank you ALL for your offers of kit and for your support.

Pete b

:)