WANTED: Pride, dignity and ego please

huffhuff

Ben,

You tried, you will try again, and you will keep trying until you are successful (which won't be that far away ;-) ). The only failure is not to have tried in the first place.

Be proud that you are training for something that most people dare not even attempt

Dignity comes from within - it is how you carry yourself after the event - not the event itself

Ego you will have in spade loads when your feet finally leave the ground under your own control

The things you seek are free. Buy them from yourself and you will truly own them. Buy them from someone else and you will always be searching.

S.

Don't feel a numpty at all Ben. As a veteran of some 50 aborted takeoffs for reasons I still don't understand I eventually nailed it and am glad I stuck with it!

There's nothing normal or natural about running across a field and defying gravity, eventually it will all feel perfectly normal.

And there is no hurry either, or pressure from anybody else, when it feels right you'll do it and until then you won't, end of!!

Ben,

I'm sure you will get loads of positive and encouraging posts on here, after all we were all there once (or are striving towards it).

I had one training day when I just could not leave the ground, every little fault possible, apart from falling over. I think I made 7 attempts with some resting periods in between.

On the next flyable training day i cracked it. Keep at it mate :roll:

Alan

Remember you are just starting out,how do you think we feel when we cock up big time after years of flying.

You always learn by your mistakes and you are never too old to learn or make mistakes.

How do you think Simon felt when he put his new wing on to the fence and ripped it or me last weekend two trainees first flight two perfect forward launches and what did I do cocked mine up.

We all learn by mistakes.

Pete b

Another good thing about being on this forum, not just the wealth of information...but the 'comradery'

Thanks for all your well wishing and reassurance that i'm not the only one.

I've finished sulking now, so no more ego stroking needed - thanks for your kind words...and next time I WILL NAIL IT :D

Another way of looking at it is- 'If it were easy, everyone would be at it'. Truth is it's not easy, hard work and perseverence is the only way to do it, and when you do get there, you'll realise why it's all been worth the effort. Flying truely is a privelige, i still enjoy every flight as much as my first, and hate landing!

Ben we will get you out over the hols and we will all crack on with some groundhandling, dont be too down on yourself as you have to remember that myself and Frazer have done a lot more groundhandling than you, as others have said, theres nothing natural about man flying, we rely on a number of factors coming together at just the right time to make it posible, sometimes that happens and sometimes it dont, you will get there mate and it will feel all the sweeter when you do.