Boots

craggrat

Reinforced ankles to give you exceptional support when landing and no hooks where laces fit (all eyelets) so than lines don't snag, or a wrap around cover to perform the same function. Good quality soles like Vibram or similar.

Yes they aren't cheap, but if you buy a quality pair of walking boots (and I'm not talking about the twenty quid pairs from the local Army & Navy) they will cost you a similar amount.

You get what you pay for in most walks of life, and I'm pretty sure I'd have had at least one ankle injury (possible break) were it not for the support in my Crispi's. The rigid side support is removable if you need to walk any distance by the way.

Hi Craggrat

At the time when I was looking for some boots for flying, I also needed some for a survival course that I was booked on to.

Came across a compromise in the form of these -

http://www.copshopuk.com/acatalog/Elite_II_8__Leather_CT.html

They have served me well and kept me safe whilst hill climbing on the EP course, and subsequent training and flying of paramotors.

Best regards,

Ian.

They are serving me well, and are warm and dry.

To be honest they are not quite as stiff as dedicated paragliding boots, but that is a good thing because they are supportive but not so cumbersome and restrictive that they will be left at home!

My recommendation would be to get your hands on (and feet in!) some of the options before you decide.

Best regards,

Ian.