want to establised own paramotr club

hi friends

i m karan from nepal. i want to open my own paramotor club in my country and want to promot this wonder full areo sports . to our people. i m a army soldier presently serving in india. and i like adventure sports out of them i really come on paramotrs and its my dream to fly and open my own and only one areo sporsts club. i have no to much money to oprate this sports so i want to some body who is intrested and be with me and be part of my areosport club. i dream a nme of my club ( mountain hawk areo sport club)

Hi Karan,

Welcome. I have a number of friends in Nepal and I'd love to go and visit them and do some flying too :-)

You've come to the right place for contacts and advice. People here are working on a complete operations manual for paramotoring clubs that can be used as the basis for anything you set up.

Stuart

Hi Karan,

Welcome. I have a number of friends in Nepal and I'd love to go and visit them and do some flying too :-)

You've come to the right place for contacts and advice. People here are working on a complete operations manual for paramotoring clubs that can be used as the basis for anything you set up.

Stuart

hi Salim u r most welcome to Nepal. its really beautyfull natural country. come ,see and enjoy natural beauti of nepa full of mountains rivers and jungels.

Hi Norman,

I am Karan Jang Chhetri from Gaidakot,Nawal parasi, Nepal. Presently serving in Indian Army as Gurkha soldier. At this time i m in 39 GTC (Gurka Traginig Center) Varanasi. Varanasi is a holy place for Hindus. Varanasi is in bank of river Gange (holy river) and near of Sarnath holy place of lord Budha. I want to fly its my dream to fly i like adventure to and paramotor is only one from which i full fill my dream (to open my own Mountain Hawk Areo Sports Club)and my adventure . my home is 150 km from Kathmandu its take 4 to 5 hrs from micro bus and 20 min by domestic airline.

My phn No- pls feel easy to call me to know more about My Country( Nepal ).

Thanks

Karan

Karan,

At this range it is difficult to know how to help you, the best thing to do might be to establish local contacts and see what the best route might be to obtain local training. These people http://www.nepal-paragliding.com/contact.htm might be able to help as they are on site but being paragliding based they may be less than helpful, I just don't know.

Another plan might be for you to get training overseas, India might be an option and a search for training organisations around India may prove useful.

Another alternative might be possible but I would need to consult with my friends here and will need a little time.

How tall are you, what do you weigh? What skills do you possess, do you have a speciality with your regiment?

These might seem strange questions but I have a reason for asking them.

Norman,

I m 5' 2" and 65kg. I have all skill which need to be an gurkha soldier and .I m good in small arms handling, i m good sniper. i m good shooter. i complete my 6 months cammando trg with Q grd. i done basic microlight flying in X air. i get gallentry award by chef of the army staff of india.

but sir why u ask these things . where r u form ?

Well done Karan, a distinguished soldier and one we are proud to call a friend. You will need to give me a little time before I can answer your last question fully, I need to talk to some of my friends.

Have you looked at training schools in India as suggested here? Is there any likelihood of your being in the UK at any stage? Perhaps a stint of training with the Regiment or a course perhaps?

I am British and live in the West Country here in the UK, Somerset.

Norman,

I m happy to know u r British. Now i feel glad to tell u that, My grand father served in british army and he was lost in japan in world war II. my father is also ex army he retd and then i voluntrly join army. lots of my friends in uk army. ya there is one in pvt institute who ran the paramotoring course in banglore. the fee is about 80,000/- I m Rfn man (simple soldier no rank) so its imposible to me to arrange that much, so I try to do paramotoring course from army they offer paramotoring course in Agra and in Banglore. I fill up the voluntry form to do paramoter but i dont know i get chance or not . If i get i inform u ...ok. Norman will u ever come to Nepal ? If u wish to come to Nepal u r warm wellcome from ur this gurkha soldier. I request u to pls come with ur paramotor and see this beautifull country from ur paramotor . Yes..............is it possible..? How ?

Thanks for that Karan,

I have a few ideas which will take a little time to action as they involve other people. As soon as I know which direction they are to travel in I will be in touch by PM. This will happen after Christmas in the early part of the New Year. My feeling is that 'something' can be done to help you, what I am going to discover is 'what'.

More questions.

Can you get leave of around two weeks in a block?

When will you know if the Army paramotoring course will be available to you?

Tell us more about what you want to do with your paramotoring please.

Can you speak English as well as you write? My Nepalese is sketchy to say the least. :lol:

I will ask Simon to form your branch (club) on this forum so that people interested in joining you will have a place to see you. It is only a very small first step but every journey starts with one. :wink:

Thank you for your welcome to Nepal, I fly past regularly well to the south and look longingly at those beautiful mountains. What a country!

In the mean time you could do some research. You need to know what regulations would need to be met to start your club/school, forgive me for saying this as I am sure you have considered it. Any work you can do in this direction whilst you are not busy learning to fly will be time well spent.

Also you can start studying the associated subjects that surround flying a paramotor, we can help you there with a book or two. Please PM me your address and I will send you one. It will be based around procedures, laws and rules that apply to the UK, but the paramotoring content will be completely valid.

Keep your fingers crossed.

'Mountain Hawk Aero Sport Club' Now there is a name with a ring to it....

Norman

Hi Norman (Daji)

Thanks for u to get intrested to help me to full fill my dream and in the same time thanks to god who discover the helping hand (Norman Daji) for me. Now i feel happy and get more confident for my dream. Yes i get 20 to 30 days leave in block. If i get a course from Army it will be in Aug or Sep 2009. Its my dream to fly and I want to do some thing by my self & i think its good job for me after leaving army because Nepal is one of the best country for tourisim. Yes i speak as well as write english, i understood but not to much fluently. Now this time i m in Nepal for 6 days and i started to know the rules and regulation to start club.

thanks lots to guide me ..............

and hope with u i get my goal ('Mountain Hawk Aero Sport Club')easily.

Please send some study matrial for me if u have.

My add :- (removed by admin) address sent by PM.

Hi Karan,

Thanks for all that information, probably best if you remove your address from public view for security.

Early in the New Year I will send you a book and a few things to start you off on your journey. A little later we will be able to see what can be done to help you. Do you have any idea when you might leave the Army?

Enjoy your holiday at home, there is no place it. We are slowing down for Christmas of course.

Kind regards,

Norman (Daji?) :roll::D

Norman Daji, :D

How r u ? Hope u celebrate your Christmass well. Today i just join my duty and its going well and i feel happy because few days ago i have only dream, but now i start work on it .............so i hope and sure i will get sucsess with your helpping hand. Daji i see very brigt future of paramotoring in Nepal. Nepal is very unique place for paramotoring because of its nature beauty. in coming year 2009 Apr when my little daughter (Supriya) exam finished i get 30 days leave at that time i again go to Nepal and started paper work for Club. Daji i leave my army life with in 2010 or 2011 as soon as i get sucsess. Daji is Somerset paramotor club is yours club ?

will u get my add or not ?

thanks

from ur loving :)

Bhai (Karan)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...