Tom's training skyschool 09

tommcb6016

I have finally booked myself some training !! Yippee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm off to sky school in Spain for the two week addiction course next year! I will be putting my experiences up here for all to read :oops:

I am looking for a wing that I can use for ground handling as I don't want to go out to Spain a complete beginner ! So if anyone has a wing for sale only for ground handling then drop me a PM (I weigh 90 kg ish)

Also any advise is always welcome :?

Good luck with the training Tom, look forward to reading your blog.

Can't understand why you would wait to train in Spain next year though, read some of the club reports and you will see that a lot of training and first flights have been going on this weekend. Had a great flight myself today down at Lambourne over some of the best countryside in the world!

Cheers

Eddie

There is certainly something about consistant weather and sunshine. It is the only way to virtually guarantee continuity of training.

The minute you have a limited amount of time available to fly in the first place, your odds on getting the time and weather to come together go through the floor. I am living proof of that. :?

Edited by Guest

There are a number of reasons why I decided to go to Spain, Weather being a big part off the decision.

Also have a new baby on the way so getting away at weekends is a bit tricky at the moment :)

Going out to Spain to do the training over two weeks fits better around all my other commitments, but will hopefully be able to get stuck into ground handling asap!.

Maybe I should call Simon to see about starting my training ?

• 6 months later...

Waaaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my first solo flight today :-) :-) wen't well stayed on my feet, and got into the seat :-)

More info to folow but I'm going to have a beer to celibrate and hopefully get some more flights in tomorrow, The weather out here is fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHiLuBhye-w

Landing to follow.......... just uploading

Nice one Tom. Welcome to the exclusive club of foot launch aviators!!!

Your take-off put a smile on my face as I know the phenominal feeling of elation that it gives you but which is indescribable to anyone who's not been there. I bet you've still got a well earned grin all over your face?

...............and your landing looked like perfection!

Top job. :D

Ian.

Thanks for all the comments :D what a great week it was, got four flights in two unassisted forwards and one unassisted reverse wish I could have stayed out there for a while to keep flying! Thanks to Alex and Harry for the tuition and thanks to rob for the gourmet food! (except the escargot :-( )

No probs Tom, same here it's always nicer to fly with someone (safer too). Also I'm in the process of organising the chance to fly at/from Enstone airfield. If it all works out it should be in place by the time you are ready to rumble.

I was gonna fly tonight but I had some repair work to do on the motor (done now for the time being) and while I was working out there I felt a few drops of rain and the skies are looking a little ominous so I'll leave it for tonight.

Should fly in the week though so I'll give you a wave:)

Cheers

Mark

P.S. It may pay you to get some kit (a glider at least) so you can be practising meanwhile so you are starting from the front foot when you resume training. It may be worth having a chat with Simon to see what he can arrange. I've got a medium Arcus wing you could use at the field to do some ground training. I've also got a free flying harness. If you are up for that then let me know!

P.P.S. Have you already booked your second training?

here is a vid of my 4th flight.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ2lrCdGv4s

Mark, it would be great if I could borrow the wing for ground handling :-) if your sure you dont mind? as practice makes perfect :wink: flying out of enstone sounds good as I have no idea where else to fly from around here

Second weeks training is sorted so just need to find some cash for kit :?

Tom

• 1 month later...

Well I was supposed to be going down to Mere this evening to stay in a pub so I could have an early start for two days training !! but the weather forecast has foiled the best layed plans :-(

I guess I should have known better than to get exited about it knowing what the weather has been like this year! oh well I have the night booked of work so I think I shall have a few beers instead :-)

Of to Spain again in a few weeks so hopefully!!!! the weather will play ball for that.

Tom

:propbreak: