Paramotoring Insurance

qwerty

Thanks for that - Google's just come up with them too.

What sort of premium are we looking at? Is third party the only available cover?

give them a ring and tell them your requirements and they will give you a price, I pay £156 a year wich covers my equipment in storage, in transit and in use as well as third party liability.

I would like a system of insurance that gave a range of options. Ideally this tiered system would include cover third party liabilities, equipment loss or damage, an element of recompense to cover loss of work due to injury and liability cover if you are an instructor?

If this could be provided at a realistic price, would that interest you? :roll:

Thanks for that - Google's just come up with them too.

What sort of premium are we looking at? Is third party the only available cover?

give them a ring and tell them your requirements and they will give you a price, I pay £156 a year wich covers my equipment in storage, in transit and in use as well as third party liability.

I'm really surprised your insurance covers you for 'in use'! My premium was similar but only covers my gear while in storage or transport and I don't remember them offering 'in use'. Is there any kind of policy excess for 'in use' claims then, because that would be really useful for those bent cage/splintered prop/shredded wing moments?

Hummmm,

I do feel as thought I should say that with insurance you very much get what you pay for.

As Norman says...

There is insurance, and then there is insurance.

any is better than non.

SW :D

Third party - £1,000,000 cover - £105

Equipment Cover (Ground Risk Only) - £6000 cover - £78.75

So I take it my equipment will be covered if I plummet into the ground.

:)

Your kit is not covered for damage , only if it gets stolen or damaged by a third party.

I just checked my policy

Pete b

sorry i should have been more clear, my policy will cover my equipment at the place of use, ie if I get to the field open the doors of my van and my motor falls out and breaks a prop they will pay out, but if i have it on my back they wont, I asked them exactly what i would be covered for and was told that the cover was only for third party when being used for the purpose it was biult, ie flying.

Where can I get third party cover? I'm sure I've read about this somewhere on the forum but I can't remember where.

Thanks.

:)

Belive me when I say it will be well worth waiting untill about March to get or renew your insurance. :!:

This will have a lot more options that you can have?.

Pete b

Does the BHPA insureance not cover paramotoring???

Yes. I asked at SPLASH about the BHPA insurance. Since the summer 'fun' over tank size with Onrisk were quoted as saying they don't cover machines that were made with a tanks over 10 litre, I'm considering my options.

BHPA is £2,000,000 third party for a similar cost as Onrisk. Also, I've found that the someone who have actually claimed on the BHPA insurance policy and they paid out. For me this is a big plus when looking at any insurance.

I need to find out more, but so far it looks like a better option for me.

Cheers

Paul

I would be more interested in less 3rd party cover (more of a 'real' number like £1m) instead of a WOW number which means little, topped with a nice chunk of personal accident, followed by Kit cover during use.

Bring that to the table and I will buy it.

I would be more interested in less 3rd party cover (more of a 'real' number like £1m) instead of a WOW number which means little, topped with a nice chunk of personal accident, followed by Kit cover during use.

Bring that to the table and I will buy it.

When are you going to do more than 1 million pounds worth of damage??

I would like personal accident as I'm self employed and cant really get it without paying ridiculous premiums so at the moment it makes more sense to just put a bit away each week in a savings account.

For me 1 million public liability

Cover for my kit if stolen or damaged (well it is in use as well would be a plus)

Personal accident cover to help out if you cant work due to a bad landing.

All for a reasonable premium.

Hmm now where might I be able to get that??

Oh well maybe early next year :wink:

Pete b

A lot of people who race off road use this insurance company

http://www.combinedinsurance.co.uk/About_Combined.html

they will provide cover for storage, in transit , third party and personal cover when riding, they may be able to put together a package for paramotoring, I know people who have put in claims with them and they have always payed out to the full amount and very quick too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All,

There is a delay with this.

This is to ensure that we are using the best possible underwriters and brokers for our insurance package. so in short, we are shopping around still. It is vital that we make the correct decision with this and feel that 6-8 weeks spent now, will be valued for years to come by many of us. In part of course, I have also been swanning off around the place and am soon to go to France for 2 weeks of PMC instructors course....(bitten off a little more than I can chew...)

I am on the case again now :D