Blood

dantheman

Guys,

Did you know that only 4% of the population donate blood, and since we as a group are relatively young and fit we would be perfect donors. It's free to donate and only takes about 10 mins twice a year - go on save a life & sign up.

http://blood.co.uk/

Also think of it this way, you may need blood yourself someday, or someone in your family.

• 8 months later...

Yep i will be going again, havent gone for couple of years. My dad had to have 6 pints of blood last month and they said he wouldnt have lasted the night without it. Made me think!!. So ill be giving some back and topping up the bank. Donors are low because of the flu about as well arnt they?

I recon if we get enough people interested we can have them at the Fly-in to suck some out of you. (maybe on the Friday morning so that the blood is still mostly blood and not beer.

The Fly-in is looking a little low on numbers at the moment so if you are thinking of coming please do put your name in the thread.

SW D

I recon if we get enough people interested we can have them at the Fly-in to suck some out of you. (maybe on the Friday morning so that the blood is still mostly blood and not beer.

SW D

I gave Thursday afteroon and their blurb advised wating 24hrs before gliding. I assume risk of G-force blackouts?

Cheers

Paul

I live in Spain and a few months ago my 5 yr old daughter had to give a blood sample (nut allergy) and they absolutely butchered her trying to get blood from her arm. In the end I had to intervine and stop it. It left her completely traumatised and me deaf in one ear for a good couple of hours.

I was worried that the bad experience would leave her with a fear of giving blood.

So, when the mobile blood bank came to our village I thought it would be a great opportunity to take her along, not to give blood but to watch me donate and see how painless it all is, when done correctly.

Boy did I get a shock. They informed me that because I was living in the UK between years 1986 to 1998, my blood was not welcome due to the risk of CJD.

I have to admit, I felt a strange sense of rejection. Still we helped ourselves to the flavoured milk on the way out :wink: