Acro is easy

I was watching that one earlier Pete. I notice to get in to the helicopter, he almost stalls and then lets one side start flying which , pressumeably stops the other side from inflating when it's effectively going backwards. I had wondered, but that's as curious as I've been. Can you do one Pete?

Should get enough height , and airtime, in France, to try some of the milder stuff. SAT's interesting. How do you get one going. More important, how to get out! Saw Andrew doing them at Monte Carlo last time I went.

ps. The Atis 2 lends itself well to such things!

Dave

No I cant do one but want to.

The sat is the same as going in to a spiral but weight shifting in to it and holding yourself there by pushing against the other riser,if you spiral then come out and try again but weight shift and pull a bit more brake.

To come out let the brake up and you will come out into a spiral and out.

Well that's the theory as I have a mate that does them but not tryed my self yet.

I need to do some more SIV (as in the full stall) just in case it goes tits up like it did in Nepal that's when I found out that adrenalin REALY is brown.

Pete b

I was watching that one earlier Pete. I notice to get in to the helicopter, he almost stalls and then lets one side start flying which , pressumably stops the other side from inflating when it's effectively going backwards. I had wondered, but that's as curious as I've been. Can you do one Pete?

Should get enough height , and airtime, in France, to try some of the milder stuff. SAT's interesting. How do you get one going. More important, how to get out! Saw Andrew doing them at Monte Carlo last time I went.

ps. The Atis 2 lends itself well to such things!

Dave

I FEEL SICK NOW!!!!!!!!!!

A word of advice to anyone wanting to start doing acro is "DONT" You have got to be mad to do that!!! I have seen a fair few pilots go in to a lake in queenstown NZ after trying to do sats heli spins ect. But if you really want to start acro is make sure you practice over water and know how to repack your reserve chute :D and buy a pair of pampers!!!!!!!

I FEEL SICK NOW!!!!!!!!!!

A word of advice to anyone wanting to start doing acro is "DONT" You have got to be mad to do that!!! I have seen a fair few pilots go in to a lake in queenstown NZ after trying to do sats heli spins ect. But if you really want to start acro is make sure you practice over water and know how to repack your reserve chute :D and buy a pair of pampers!!!!!!!

Never attempt any acro or extreme maneuvers unless you have done them first under the supervision of an expert, ie SIV/acro instructor.

Pete b

• 1 month later...
Altitude and the right ideas - never run out of either.

"Do you really need to do this?" was a question I always used to ask myself.... in another machine of course.

These thoughts seem to 'port across' fairly well... or am I just getting old? :lol:

Your just getting old Norman :D

Pete b