XC PARAMOTORING HARNESS

morgy

I was sifting through this site a came across a photo of a paramotoring harness with an air bag. I think this is a great cross over from paragliding. I was wondering if there is any harnes's out there in the style of an XC paragliding harness "you know the one's" the ones you stick your feet in! I just thought it would be a good idea due to the reduced drag all be it very minor "at least your feet and legs would be warm :D.

An interesting proposition Morgy,

Who knows what may be on the horizon regarding safety devices for paramotoring. It wouldn't take a huge engineering effort to adapt the automotive industry's airbag technology for a paramotor harness. As the ground rushes up having screwed something up, pull the handle and 'BANG' - your very own strategically placed airbags take the potentially fatal contact and turn it into a broken nose and a bit of whiplash. Well, its an idea.... and it wouldn't need to weigh a ton.... :roll:

'They' are looking at it closely for other application in the air....

airbag.jpg

On the other hand, you could get a preview of what Pete_b is working on in his workshop.... Not welding trousers for sure.. LOL

20081113-fwj48ngamryxuabfatnnducbra.jpg

Edited by Guest

This is the sort of thing i was looking at x-rated.htm "not bubble wrap trousers" LOL i was just wondering why they have only just started to use air bags in paramotoring harnes's. I use the sup air alti rando chair bag when paragliding. I think that using an XC caccoon stlye harness would be more areo dynamic and warmer. :lol:

The only issue with us paramotor lot trying to use that sort of PG harness, is that it is difficult (and fairly pointless) trying to get into a supine (lying down) position, as we have a pretty rigid motor structure down our backs. The cocoon legs might be pleasant in a 'keeping your legs warm' sort of way, but we're never going to get terribly aerodynamic, due to the constraints of our motor.

On the other hand, you could get a preview of what Pete_b is working on in his workshop.... Not welding trousers for sure.. LOL

These are just at the testing stage now with a finished product having a waterproof seal at the waist and ankles.

The first production run is aimed at the tip to tip 2010 pilots to keep the adrenaline from running out whilst flying in mid day

thermals. :?:shock::oops::oops:

Pete b

:D

Dont you just want to start poping them :x

These are just at the testing stage now with a finished product having a waterproof seal at the waist and ankles.

The first production run is aimed at the tip to tip 2010 pilots to keep the adrenaline from running out whilst flying in mid day

thermals. :?:shock::oops::oops:

Pete b

:D

Dont you just want to start poping them :x

Another use for the tip to tip 2010 - The popping noise might also scare off the croc when it's gnashing at your leg! :shock:

Talking of the T2T'09, please convey my apologies for non-attendance, but it's a darned long drive for me even if I was able to get a carer for our foster son (which is difficult at the best of times, given his issues)

Suffice to say, I would still very much like to be involved, and you never know when you might need someone to stick a bl**dy great needle in you :twisted: