Paramania Fusion and Dudek Synthesis

Hi Simon.

Guess you have flown the Fusion quite a bit now and I wondered if you have flown together with a Synthesis. The reason I ask, is my mate has a Synthesis and he is a good 3 or 4 mph faster than me on fast trim. I have a Re-action tst.

So do you think or know that the Fusion will keep up with out using the speed bar?

WEB SITES SAY THEY BOTH DO 49KPH. But in the real world.........?

Cheers

Mikey

Comparing the two is like comparing a Bus with a Motorbike.

When it comes to top end on speed bar, I never used it on the Synth.

The synth is the same as the Reaction just about.

The Fusion is another level altogether.

Top speed dunno, but nor do I care.

From consumtion alone I have 10 - 15 mins more air time with the fusion than the synth, its way more fun, it steers faster... like when you want it to not a second or two after. It holds its height well in glide and during turns... (unless you want to loose hight, then it will.)

It launches WAY slower than the Synth and it lands way slower than ANY other reflex wing, and indeed slower than many other Paragliding wings!!

Like I say, its not a fair comparison.

You fly it, and you will love it. So far, out of all the test flights I have given on the fusion, all have ordered or are selling wings to buy order one.

Dont take my word for it though, just come and have a fly. Then you can sit here typing this message to someone else :lol:

SW :D

• 2 months later...

:lol:

Simon.

As you know i fly the reaction at the mo( my second one). As you have said many times the fushion is a different class,quite clearly....!!!!!

I/we would like to take you up on the offer to try this fantastic new wing. whats the best times for this? Do i/we have to travel to swindon to try it? Or is there one closer(leicester)

Yours in Flight

flyalot

what sort of wing is this nucleon? as far as i know the fusion is no beginner wing and 50 plus hours are recomended, is the new one gonna be the same?

just on the subject of the fusion??

the wing is very easy to launch, it is slow landings, very stable in the air. the only part were it is for more advanced people is how the wing reacts to imput from the pilot?

to who have flown this wing could you give me details of were the wing becomes an advanced pilots wing please?

or have i covered the reason?

I think you will find that Simon is away with the Skycar project until March 1st!

Simon is indeed away but you can still order from the shop. You'll find the wings here. Simon's little elves will make sure the stuff still gets to you ;-)

Stuart

Who do I contact regarding my order not turning up?

I am slightly perplexed.

Why is there a prominent disposition to compare the Fusion to the Synth?

I don't see any comparisons of other wing manufacturers.

The Synth as I understand it is a beginner to intermidiate recreational wing.

The fusion is an intermidiate upwards wing.

Should the comparison not be the Fusion v soon to be replaced Reaction? Or are people comparing an intermidate v beginner wing for a reason I am oblivious to?

Felius.

Some of us prefer to fly wings with reflex in their profile at all trim settings rather than just when set to fast. Personally, if I spent more than half my paramotoring time themalling or hill soaring engine off then I would choose a Paramania design which I believe to be more efficient for that regime but I don't so therefore I choose a Dudek wing with reflex at all trim settings that is more suited to my flying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Correct me if I am wrong, but the fusion makes a great Paragliding wing, BUT during normal paragliding with everyone esle on the hill you would need to be at slowest trim. This gives the slowest speed and most lift, Correct? If so and the wind picks up and everyone puts on there speed bar and lands, what will the Fusion Pilot do? He cant use speed bar on slow, right? (Maybe let the trimmers out? This is OK, but on fully slow trim setting, you should be flying the wing actively if there is no reflex? Then the last thing you should do, is let go of the brakes to let the trimmers out. Or can you reach the trimmers without letting go of the brakes on a fusion?)

I understand the Wing is a fantatic power wing with great hill potential, but I wondered about the speed bar thing?

I tried to look for an answer in the Fusion Manual, but I cant find a manual for it??????

Cheers

Mikey

If you are flying the Fusion on the hill and it gets to windy, you can let out the trimmers and fly out of the lift band with ease. It has the same effect as applying a speed bar on a hill wing.

SW :D