Motorbike for sale

flapperpappa

Hi peeps i have a GSXR600 Alstare up for sale needing some loving attention being confined to storage for a long time.

It has only 600 miles on clock due for first service it that new.Only asking £3800 for it plus there are extras with it so pm me if interested and can send details and pics if needed.

It's just the adrenaline rush not good enough for me lol and need to fund my dangerous lifestyle :roll:

I wonder???

How many people here used to or still do ride a motorbike?

I am one for sure and I know of LOADS of others on this forum...

Maybe a Paramotor Club hire bike trackday is in order?

My best ever bike....The Exup 1000 Streetfighter that I built from a frame out of Keiths hedge in his back garden. (ended up in Streetfighters mag as a featre bike)

Before that....

A GSXr 1100 Turbo. 320 bhp (before nitros Oxide injection at 100bhp 'which no one, not even Gary Rothwell' pressed :lol: )

I had it MOT'ed and made road legal and rode it from Warminster to Southhampton every day for a year and a bit....

I used x4, 2 lb bottles of Nitrous Oxide (won't tell you where that went thought :lol: lets just say the bulldog bash that year was VERY funny for all of us :lol:)

I have done this before I know but hey..... here she is again.

PIC00004.jpg

turbo.jpg

Everyone I know begged me to sell the bike! which I did but not before getting into the 200mph club of course. :D um' twicw or thrice' ;-)

http://www.garyrothwell.com/wetsm.mpg

SW :D

Yep, must be similarities (flaws?) in the personalities of motorcyclists and paramotorists. But then I have heard paramotoring described as being the closest thing to riding a motorbike in the sky!

Had a Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat which was my first bike after passing my direct access test, and a Kawasaki KLR250. Used up several of my 9 lives but will have another bike in the future.

Best regards,

Ian.

Y think that a bike is like the personalitie of the person.

What conserns to bikes y like to go on with the road bit by bit enjoy the vieu.

Enjoy the road.

In paramotor y like to enjoy the ar so yes I describe it as being the closest thing to riding a motorbike but you can go wher ever you want.

Yep rode bikes for years, first one I had was a honda SS50, followed by a yamaha dt125lc, then an suzuki X7(see below)

X7.jpg

Then had a couple of Elsies, followed by a fireblade when they were first released, then decided to concentrate on my karting so sold the bikes, about 7 years ago I fancied owning another road bike and found a nice little VFR400 NC30 in a shop near me so I bougt it, great little bike especially on trackdays for showing bigger bikes how to corner.

mync30-1.jpg

done a good few trackdays on that one and then got greedy and bought another :D

mybike1.jpg

and one for the track :D

track1.jpg

I had also packed up racing the karts and took up racing quads :D

pinehamqh2.jpg

Sat here in front of PC, weather is cxxp, Ok bikes. Yep reckon there is a connection. I had a honda 125 then passed my test (many years ago now) and went strait to a Suzuki 850 shaft drive. What a lump between my legs after the smaller one. I will always remember the first corner l took at speed. It was the first and last time my knee touched the ground.

Then l built up experience and rode it for about four years then Jackie decided it was to cold on the back so chopped it in for a car. Wished l had one now though ready for the spring :) but where would l put my PPG :lol:

Anyway to wet this weekend for anything, hoping next weekend is more favourable.

Another biker here..

Had a fair few over the years. Mostly Kawasaki ..Last one a ZZR 1100, but not as much fun as my original zx10, 170mph down a well known 2 mile strip of tarmac in oxfordshire...Took it on a track day once and left many, if not all the newer missiles for dust. till I had to brake for the corners and they all passed me again :(

Given it all up now for a far safer sport. :D

Colin 2

well, yet another biker here too!

retired from sport bikes now due to being knocked off my ducati 1098s just after having twins, so dont ask me why but my missus thinks paramotoring is safer!! -- at least there is a lack of blind old ladies flying paramoter!

previous sport bikes include ducati 749, ducati 999,Yammy R1.

Still on the road though - just sold my 2 ktm's and bought a new ktm 530 excr.. i do a bit of greenlaning, much more fun and a bit safer!.

any more greenlaners???? -- regularly up the peaks if anyone fancies a blast.

I am thinking of getting myself Xer again.

I once rode for the ARMY MX and broke both of the bones in my lower left arm in one accident. nice smooth roads... coppers, man holes, blind idots....

V

Bumpy stuff, horses, no coppers 'to an extent I suppose' no man holes but plenty opf badger holes :lol:

When out, do you get much static from people?

I live in the middle of green lanesville and my landlord has about 5 MX bikes.

I am thinking of getting myself Xer again.

I once rode for the ARMY MX and broke both of the bones in my lower left arm in one accident. nice smooth roads... coppers, man holes, blind idots....

V

Bumpy stuff, horses, no coppers 'to an extent I suppose' no man holes but plenty opf badger holes :lol:

When out, do you get much static from people?

I live in the middle of green lanesville and my landlord has about 5 MX bikes.

well,

the bobble hat brigade are always out to get you, but im TRF so i follow the code of conduct... ish! lol.

with the weather turning now its perfect for laning and just as much fun!

get one bought! -- id recommend the ktm 400 for laning dont go 2 stroke, too noisy and walkers hate em!

you should come up to the peaks one day --- some amazing lanes.

pict0030.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yet another biker here.

My current ride is a Yamaha FZ1 Fazer. It's probably one that I will keep for a long time if it remains in one piece. I used to ride all year regardless of the weather, but buying a new bike for the first time has made me cut out winter riding. I cant bear watching a new bike rust but I am not completely a fair weather biker yet.