Dunsfold Park.

Hello Surrey,

It may interest you to know that I had 4 great flights yesterday from Dunsfold Park.

I also now have a top quality contact (the Owner) who did not jump back at the idea of a bit more paramotor flying going on.

Give me a bit of time on this one, I do have to go back in a few weeks and will ask him the question directly and let you know.

Its a great site to fly from.

SW :D

Yes, as it happens.

Testing kit, and filming stuff. A great day.

SW :D

Hey simon

Next time you go to dunsfold would you let me know dude it would be good to come and watch you fly!! and afor a chat about wings etc.

These post are 9 years old, I wonder what happened in the meantime. I visited a local business today and saw an RC model doing aerobatics above the runway. 

I have just been told Dunsfold have said they will let paramotors fly as long as they are contacted a day in advance (since they have stuff going on sometimes).

However the owner is trying to get permission to build homes on it (decision imminent) and word has it if that falls through he's selling it to a film studio. So not sure how long it will remain an option.

Greg

23 hours ago, Gregwatson said:

I have just been told Dunsfold have said they will let paramotors fly as long as they are contacted a day in advance (since they have stuff going on sometimes).

However the owner is trying to get permission to build homes on it (decision imminent) and word has it if that falls through he's selling it to a film studio. So not sure how long it will remain an option.

Greg

Hi Greg, do you have a contact? 

Anyone interested in Dunsfold will probably already have heard that the 1800 new homes proposal has been given the green light, so Dunsfold aerodrome will be no more....

The master plan ' sickening '

wouldn't want to be any near there after work ' fact that the surrounding roads can't take that amount of traffic ' 

8 minutes ago, cas_whitmore said:

The master plan ' sickening '

wouldn't want to be any near there after work ' fact that the surrounding roads can't take that amount of traffic ' 

Yeah it seems daft. The A281 is too busy at the best of times.

Everywhere is too busy. I live in a small town, which has 8000 homes. Now there is planning approval for nearly 6000 more. The main road thru the town was already a bottleneck!