walkerjet and tandem

Guest leoibb

how about a modified shopping trolley filled with the required amount of bags of sugar??

on second thoughts Leo, why not just go and jump in front of a train to get the same effect as what you are destined for but with much less cost, you'll save a lot of helpful people a lot of time too!

no need to be so harsh , ive been clearly made aware of the implications ao am gonna use some sort of dummy , so the only risk is me, what is the big fuss about, not been rude but if you aint anythin constructive to say then why speak cos im really no interested in ya negative feelings

the problem is Leo is that you are not interested in anyone's feelings whether positive, negative or really really helpful, unless you hear the exact answers you want to hear you're not interested in anyone's advice so why bother asking

you sir in my opinion are a menace and a danger to the sport and the sooner you realise that then the safer it will be for all of us!

wel if it pleases you i am guilty of bein a menace but let me tell ya if i decide to do somethin then il do it, so judge how ya like buddy. i ask because there is some people who come up with usefull things,

i dont know you buddy but i really cant imagine you believe people are just so dosile to do things without knowing how to and covering there every steps to keep safe, i mean what ya think people are? no one got a bit of sence apart from you? i suppose base jumpers and paratroopers and all extreme sports people are cookoo then in your eyes? i cannot be like you malcolm and have your beliefs can i.

there is a lot of crazy people in this world mate but i dont go runnin around telling them why there wrong and i am right .

i am baffled you must assume cos someone asks a question on here and gets answers but doesnt follow then he has been a bad man or something, ive said it before if you nothin worth sayin then save ya fingers a job buddy and dont speak .

surely you mist have realized that i do what i wanna do so i cant work out why you get negative about it, cos it dont change owt does it.

ya know i am doin this and i am tryin to work a nice safe method so why be negative , be far better to put ya mind to work in a constructive way dont ya think?

when you talk about safety who ya concered over me the individual? i think not i would believe it is the sport your more concerened about and that is the wrong motive to give safety advise i would think

wel if it pleases you i am guilty of bein a menace but let me tell ya if i decide to do somethin then il do it, so judge how ya like buddy. i ask because there is some people who come up with usefull things,

i dont know you buddy but i really cant imagine you believe people are just so dosile to do things without knowing how to and covering there every steps to keep safe, i mean what ya think people are? no one got a bit of sence apart from you? i suppose base jumpers and paratroopers and all extreme sports people are cookoo then in your eyes? i cannot be like you malcolm and have your beliefs can i.

there is a lot of crazy people in this world mate but i dont go runnin around telling them why there wrong and i am right .

i am baffled you must assume cos someone asks a question on here and gets answers but doesnt follow then he has been a bad man or something, ive said it before if you nothin worth sayin then save ya fingers a job buddy and dont speak .

surely you mist have realized that i do what i wanna do so i cant work out why you get negative about it, cos it dont change owt does it.

ya know i am doin this and i am tryin to work a nice safe method so why be negative , be far better to put ya mind to work in a constructive way dont ya think?

when you talk about safety who ya concered over me the individual? i think not i would believe it is the sport your more concerened about and that is the wrong motive to give safety advise i would think

You have asked about this on nearly every other forum and the answer is always the same so why ask, if you are going to do it then do it

Pete b

ps please video it so we can show other people why trying to tandem with out proper experience and training will land you in hospital and court.

pps When you have typed a reply could you please hit your spell check and correct your mistakews, we all make them now and then. :D

Leo, I have not long ago stuck my neck out regarding your attitude towards training and flying, but I fear you are pushing beyond that support now. I am quite sure that your attitude will be 'well I don't need your support anyway', but hey, that's life.

You have asked questions on forums, where people give opinions (even those who may not have an intimate knowledge of the subject). Like it or not, that is what happens, so I hope you can understand some of the replies to your postings that you have taken exception to. It sounds so much like you are looking only for opinions and advice that will support your already made up mind, and when they don't, you get quite shirty with people (who then respond further in the same way). It is the sort of thing that flame wars are made of. Lets face it, if some young scaffolder came up to you and asked for advice, which you then freely gave, wouldn't you get a bit ticked off if they stuck two fingers up at you and said 'stuff it, I'm doing it my way, even if you do think I'll kill myself and my work mates'?

You are right that we don't know you, your abilities or your skills, but I think you are wrong to dismiss people who care about the sport, as much or more than they care about you. There is a very real risk, that if paramotoring cannot self police, and minimise accidents and injuries, that it will become much more heavily regulated than it is at present. While that may not matter to someone who is going to get bored and move on to something new in six months, assuming they survive, to those who want to stick at it for years to come, the people who look like they are about to become the next accident statistic are a very real menace.

Please try to take the advice being given, in the spirit that nearly everyone has intended. Concern for you, your prospective passengers, and the sport of paramotoring. Not necessarily in that order, but I think just about everyone who has replied to your questions has had concerns about all three.

Phil

Yes Phil, a well thought out and measured response, shame it falls on deaf ears though!

With regards to concerns, I did at first have a concern for Leo's safety but now it is just for his passengers and the damage to the sport that concerns me, actually add to that the poor folk he flies over too!

ok fair enough all advise has been listened to and everything about safety has been said before from other people, i dont get shirty it may look that way but i just question upon question upon question, so am sorry if it gets on peoples tits.

i clearly understand that there is risk and i guess i am trying to establish were is the risk? in other words i know there is risk in all of it but were most is the most concern.. now dont answer this because i will go to a instructor so i can get sat down and clearly go through things.

i guess its a forum and i need to view it as such.

There is room in this world for everyone even if many of them don't seem to want to get along with the rest.

A nice step back post there Phil, and well rounded it was.

If I may, perhaps a little levity wrapped up in why clarity is so important:

In the end it's rather funny, but right up until then, the reporters goal and intent was not positive at all in the interest of??

Some similarities? You be the judge.

8)