Flying in Oxon

edwardc

Hi Guys

I can see from the Forum that a lot of you were out and about at the weekend.

Unfortunately, I am still suffering from a launch 'mishap' that damaged the ligaments in my foot and cannot fly at the moment.

I was sitting in my garden opposite the skateboard park, North of Thame, at 5-45pm last night feeling sorry for myself missing the best weekend of the year when somebody flew right past my back garden on a Yellow/Blue wing which did,nt make me feel any better!

Who was the lucky man?

Hope to be back up again very soon

Regards

Eddie

Hi Eddie

Sorry Eddie it was me just buzzing Thame after a couple of hours flying with the local bucks and oxon boys :D

Hope the foot soon gets better and yes the flying was great yesterday :lol:

There was wind in the field at takeoff (very rare for us) :) and the Bailey boys took off together side by side with Rob (pap boy) following seconds later, all climbing out together

A loverly sight to see 8)

Bye for now

Simon P

Hi Simon

Thought it might be you.

After a long, long weekend limping about looking up at the sky it seemed like someone was laughing at me as I had just accepted the fact that the weekend had gone when my dog barked and I looked up to see you power past at a couple of hundred feet.

I saw 2 Paramotors flying together a couple of weeks ago in the distance which surprised me as it was in the direction of Aylesbury and Thame airport (Haddenham). What are the restrictions there?

Hope to meet soon

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie

(I looked up to see you power past at a couple of hundred feet. ) :D Height misconseption was at least 500 feet

Thame airport (Haddenham). :lol: hardley an airport. its haddenham tow glider launch site. :)

What are the restrictions there? They only fly as a club at weekends so keep a good distance away and dont fly over the field. :shock:

The main areas to watch out for around us are Raf Halton, Benson, Chalgrove,Booker,Oxford,and the Lewknor parachute club.

Simon P